• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Whatever happens or doesn't happen tomorrow, the weather following looks incredible. And unlike typical summer fronts, instead of having a nice day or perhaps two, it looks like a nice string of days to close out July and start of the dog days. 

Saturday's high near 80. That is awesome!

14 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Unfortunately what the 6z had....the nooner 12k Nam just UN nam'd us.  Kpit does the best while the energy headed towards Rouzerville goes poof like a popcorn fart right over his head.  

3k looks decent with almost a squall line kinda look.  Based on CTP's disco, no doubt looks like something worth watching as the dynamics are going to be there.

It's a waiting game until we see what happens in Michigan, really. Conditions aren't ripe on their own, need that to cooperate to see anything severe. 

It's tough to wait lol

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

It's a waiting game until we see what happens in Michigan, really. Conditions aren't ripe on their own, need that to cooperate to see anything severe. 

It's tough to wait lol

When it comes to severe, I can wait until the end of time. :) 

For those that are fans, enjoy the "hunt" tomorrow. 

37 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yes we are, but 90 might be a reach today...currently at 84 here. Sort of surprised it's not warmer. 

Yeah I’m only at 84 as well despite full sun all day, although there are plenty of cotton balls starting to form in the sky now. I’m thinking it’s that slight northerly breeze component that is keeping things in check. 

29 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yeah I’m only at 84 as well despite full sun all day, although there are plenty of cotton balls starting to form in the sky now. I’m thinking it’s that slight northerly breeze component that is keeping things in check. 

20 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

83. and at lunch i said the same to a coworker.

I find it really pleasant outside  

I just walked across campus here at work, and you're right - there is a very noticeable northerly breeze out there. It feels much better than I expected. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TimB84 said:

GFS is back to spitting out a different look beyond 7 days with every run. It had a nice consistent look going for awhile.

Much more zonal, ridge type long and fantasy term.  Did not see any over the top temps but some hot days in a quick scan.   But nothing like the 6Z which was nothing like 0Z just like you mentioned.  Something larger scale that I am not seeing must be adjusting it each time. 

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Much more zonal, ridge type long and fantasy term.  Did not see any over the top temps but some hot days in a quick scan.   But nothing like the 6Z which was nothing like 0Z just like you mentioned.  Something larger scale that I am not seeing must be adjusting it each time. 

I would assume that’s the case. But it’s not really a surprise when the GFS makes massive run to run changes beyond D7, so I have no desire to really look too far into it. If it were a pattern shift from a cold, snowy pattern in winter to a torch pattern, I might be more tempted to look at the details.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimB84 said:

GFS is back to spitting out a different look beyond 7 days with every run. It had a nice consistent look going for awhile.

Goofus back to living up to its moniker.  Well I'll be a monkey's uncle, just checked the station and it appears I hit 89 earlier today, likely not gonna reach 90 but 'twas a close call after all, aint it @Itstrainingtime