• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yes, most of these are unvaxxed people.  You are better off if vaxxed but you can carry the virus to others per the stuff I have read. 

5 minutes ago, paweather said:

And yes regardless we will enjoy the winter my friend! It is OK to have different opinions. 

Worst part about all of this is that I can't go running to Horst to find out what's going to happen. 

Yes...different opinions are great. I respect yours very much. That's just it - when my kids tell me "NO" to vaccines...I get it. Kind of. :)  

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That's a great point! I know for myself how difficult it was after getting the 2nd dose and resisting the urge to out and run naked through the midtown Historic District. Those 2 weeks were more difficult with my patience than the 3 weeks between jabs were. 

The historic district missed out on a great event if you never went through with it.  You would have made it more historic.   I gave you a wiener instead of laugh...for obvious reason. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

The historic district missed out on a great event if you never went through with it.  You would have made it more historic. 

Word got out, and Susquehanna Regional was waiting for me. At least it got them away from Sheetz and Rutter's for a period of time. 

Okay, that was wrong. Our police do a great job. Truly. 

92.2 here...it's another official heat wave here in Maytown. (93, 91, and 92 so far today)

6 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

And it’s the one from the midwest more so than the Atlantic one.

Yes.  Its not extreme heat but back to low 90's (or upper 80's for you when back from vaca) in 8 or 9 days.   Kind of a middling between the worst heat showing at 0 and 6Z and this depiction.   Stronger trough to our north does not come down as easily.   But paweather gets to look at his 540 line this time. 

Question here: was my Covid post removed?  If so, why?  I only chimed in after about 20+ other comments were made expressing varying degrees of opinion.  If it's because it was too long that's totally fine because I agree haha, got a bit carried away.  Is there a character limit?  Who is the board moderator and is there any way to view the post even if it's not in the public part of the forum, like say my profile?  Kind of weird that it could just unilaterally be wiped from the universe.  Just trying to get a gauge for how the board works.  Thanks in advance.

8 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Question here: was my Covid post removed?  If so, why?  I only chimed in after about 20+ other comments were made expressing varying degrees of opinion.  If it's because it was too long that's totally fine because I agree haha, got a bit carried away.  Is there a character limit?  Who is the board moderator and is there any way to view the post even if it's not in the public part of the forum, like say my profile?  Kind of weird that it could just unilaterally be wiped from the universe.  Just trying to get a gauge for how the board works.  Thanks in advance.

Surprised it was removed since others (like myself) had posted stuff.    I did see a moderator in this forum an hour or two ago.

57 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yes.  Its not extreme heat but back to low 90's (or upper 80's for you when back from vaca) in 8 or 9 days.   Kind of a middling between the worst heat showing at 0 and 6Z and this depiction.   Stronger trough to our north does not come down as easily.   But paweather gets to look at his 540 line this time. 

Still gets swept away later in fantasy land.

2 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I didn't see your post, but I'm sorry it was removed. :( I don't know why you were singled out. 

As far as the heat in other parts of the country that we may or may not see in these parts, the NWS currently has an uninterrupted area of heat advisories and warnings stretching from the Canadian border in Montana to the Gulf coast in Mississippi, including all or parts of 16 states.

8 hours ago, TimB84 said:

As far as the heat in other parts of the country that we may or may not see in these parts, the NWS currently has an uninterrupted area of heat advisories and warnings stretching from the Canadian border in Montana to the Gulf coast in Mississippi, including all or parts of 16 states.

Some of the northern areas are in D3 and D4 drought status as well.   A fairly sticky 62 here this AM. 

15 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'll bite. Once. :) 

I'm fully vaccinated and have been for months. My wife just got her first dose last week and will be fully vaccinated in August. None of my 4 grown kids have gotten vaccinated, and all of them have ZERO interest in getting jabbed. 

As much as I'd personally like them to, and as much as I'd love to see the nationwide percentage be much higher than it is, the CDC has done nothing to instill trust (and confidence) in making Covid-related decisions. My kids were done with all of this months ago...I fear that their tune will change if and when they get sick, which I'm starting to believe increasingly will happen. Fact is, my kids (ages 19 up to 26) are just a small sample of our nation's opinion on this. So many people have tuned out due to changing messages, conflicting reports, he said this, she said that...they're over it. They don't care. Like I said, it bothers me greatly but I can't change their minds. And I go through all of this...all the conversations that we've had, all of the reports that I read, everything that we do know about the virus and it's variants - and I come to the realization that this is something that we're going to be dealing with for a very long time. 

Right now, the cases seem to be growing at a quicker rate than any of the previous waves. And yet so many people aren't even aware of what's happening AND don't care. 

everyone in my family is vaxxed except for 1 nephew (42). dead set against it. it makes for good debates at the pool when everyone is on his chit. With all the med calls i go on, i'm glad i got it, though i more worry of exposure to fentanyl or getting hit by a rubbernecker on interstate calls then getting covid

15 hours ago, canderson said:

The issue is if you're asymptomatic you can still spread to others. I couldn't give a shit less about an adult who dies who decided not to get a proven vaccine because Darwin awards have to go to somebody and the country could use less people. But Covid is known to cause heart issues in young kids who can't be vaccinated yet and I don't want to ever jeopardize a child. Full vaccination significantly protect you, but all vaccines show diminished effectiveness against Delta, compared to other versions of the virus. It's likely rare, but it's a thing and I don't ever want to lead to a sick kiddo. 

This will be lone post on this topic.

Back to weather - two months until we will be in full fall (aside from some hot days here or there)! 

I'm hoping for a true fall this year. 

12 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Surprised it was removed since others (like myself) had posted stuff.    I did see a moderator in this forum an hour or two ago.

That's rare isn't it? i didn't think us perfect angels needed moderating :D

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

everyone in my family is vaxxed except for 1 nephew (42). dead set against it. it makes for good debates at the pool when everyone is on his chit. With all the med calls i go on, i'm glad i got it, though i more worry of exposure to fentanyl or getting hit by a rubbernecker on interstate calls then getting covid

I'm hoping for a true fall this year. 

That's rare isn't it? i didn't think us perfect angels needed moderating :D

I think someone complained as I saw a Green Tagger at the bottom of the list and then an hour later MJS said his post was gone.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

59 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

6Z has the SER bring the transient heat this time but it (SER) too is being pushed around by the next trough from the north...540 line et all. 

Still no indication that heat really wins on the GFS or any other model. This time it’s the 0z that has a little more of it, for those who believe in that stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Some of the northern areas are in D3 and D4 drought status as well.   A fairly sticky 62 here this AM. 

Not being in D3 and D4 could be the thing that saves us easterners from any ridiculous heat. I mean I know you’re in a somewhat dry period, but it’s got nothing on the situation west of the Mississippi. Especially in Pittsburgh, which I’ve been told just doesn’t get droughts.

4 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Still no indication that heat really wins on the GFS or any other model. This time it’s the 0z that has a little more of it, for those who believe in that stuff.

Each run finds a reason, sometimes different sometimes similar, to bring back the cool regime after a few days of moderate heat around the first weekend of August. 

Just now, TimB84 said:

Not being in D3 and D4 could be the thing that saves us easterners from any ridiculous heat. I mean I know you’re in a somewhat dry period, but it’s got nothing on the situation west of the Mississippi.

My dry period is a lot better than even last year and of course nothing like out West.  Last year was the worst drought this area had ever seen according to the locals.   Some 3-4 months with just 1" of rain total between all the months.  So my comments about drought and dry are more about saving the grass vs. a major drought.  

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

My dry period is a lot better than even last year and of course nothing like out West.  Last year was the worst drought this area had ever seen according to the locals.   Some 3-4 months with just 1" of rain total between all the months.  So my comments about drought and dry are more about saving the grass vs. a major drought.  

I hadn’t really thought about it, but my grass is a little crunchy now. I think I got a pop-up storm at some point in the past 10 days, so mine would be a bit higher, but PIT’s past 10 day precip total stands at 0.01”.

• Confused 1