• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

18Z models still look hopeful for some Thursday dry relief and midnight high Thursday temp relief.  Aug 4th temps stay in the 50's all day in Western NC.  

Looks a bit more ridgy overall. Still not bad.

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I did not look that closely outside this Thursday then randomly saw the 50's all day maps in NC.   I did run through the 2M maps and did not see big heat so was not sad. 

No big heat at all. Just a more progressive pattern that brings the WA ridge closer.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TimB84 said:

No big heat at all. Just a more progressive pattern that brings the WA ridge closer.

6Z moved the possible record setting heat up a day or two but still fantasy land and little chance of happening per past performance. But before that we are talking as good as you can get with temps.   We will be spoiled if that goodness plays out. Still so very, very dry. 

27 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

6Z moved the possible record setting heat up a day or two but still fantasy land and little chance of happening per past performance. But before that we are talking as good as you can get with temps.   We will be spoiled if that goodness plays out. Still so very, very dry. 

I just looked at the 0z and it is very similar to the 6z. If that trough hangs on as long as depicted, I’m not sure I would complain about a few days of 90s following it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I just looked at the 0z and it is very similar to the 6z. If that trough hangs on as long as depicted, I’m not sure I would complain about a few days of 90s following it.

Euro has all of us under some form of negative heights for almost the whole run past 48 hours.  Also has the Nor'Easter look to it, that the GFS also had, the first week of August.  Rain misses most of the forum though it does get Eastern and South Eastern LSV on the Euro.

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Euro has all of us under some form of negative heights for almost the whole run past 48 hours.  Also has the Nor'Easter look to it, that the GFS also had, the first week of August.  Rain misses most of the forum though it does get Eastern and South Eastern LSV on the Euro.

It’s looking pretty consistent. I don’t think MDT can pull it off, but PIT may squeak out its 4th negative temp departure month of 2021, aided of course by the new normals.

33 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

It’s looking pretty consistent. I don’t think MDT can pull it off, but PIT may squeak out its 4th negative temp departure month of 2021, aided of course by the new normals.

Yea, though Thur-Sat will probably end up be below norm at MDT it not enough to catch up to the 1/2 to 3/4 above normal they have now.  May be close.   MDT's high's are actually below normal it is the HIA lows that hurt it.   The USA G.O.A.T. gymnast just pulled out from the Olympics team final. 

20 minutes ago, canderson said:

My low was 71. It’s already 77. 

York had a low of 62 last night and LNS 67.   It may truly be time to consider if MDT is a bad location for our representative.    After the last two July's, this one has been a treat temp wise yet we still end up above normal because of the bad nighttime readings.  (MDT or city temps in Harrisburg) 

19 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, though Thur-Sat will probably end up be below norm at MDT it not enough to catch up to the 1/2 to 3/4 above normal they have now.  May be close.   MDT's high's are actually below normal it is the HIA lows that hurt it.   The USA G.O.A.T. gymnast just pulled out from the Olympics team final. 

The way I’m reading it, could it be covid?

Just now, TimB84 said:

Ah, I only read “medical issue.” Didn’t read too deeply into it. Unless the virus particles landed awkwardly in her lungs, it can’t be covid.

That and if they tested her mid-event then the Covid testing is getting out of hand.  LOL.  I did read that Tokyo had their highest positives yesterday and some of the locals are pissed and want the Olympics gone.    Not going to happen at this point though.  

A not too shabby 64 this AM.  That will be warmer than most of the next 10 days lows per the GFS.  

49 minutes ago, canderson said:

My low was 71. It’s already 77. 

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I bottomed out at 64 last night.  Liking the look of the troughiness the models are depicting for the extended period, perhaps breaking down by the end of next week.  Unfortunately, not much moisture associated with said troughiness though, dry is the name of the game for most.

68 here for the low. Right now it's already 78. 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

68 here for the low. Right now it's already 78. 

Matches up well with the LNS 67.  It does feel especially hot out this AM and I just walked out and did not see a cloud in the sky.  This may be a day where we gain 30+ degrees (over here at least) on the high as compared to the low it started from.  

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Matches up well with the LNS 67.  It does feel especially hot out this AM and I just walked out and did not see a cloud in the sky.  This may be a day where we gain 30+ degrees (over here at least) on the high as compared to the low it started from.  

Yes sir, full sun here and it's off to the races. Temps will be higher today than Jeff Spicoli was rolling out of the van in Fast Times at Ridgemont High...

• Haha 2

early august has been looking a bit toasty, but yeah if we can end July AOA normal, I'm down w/ that.  DP lowered notably last evening and was comfy this am when leaving for office.  Normal/non sticky is fine w/ me.  

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

early august has been looking a bit toasty, but yeah if we can end July AOA normal, I'm down w/ that.  DP lowered notably last evening and was comfy this am when leaving for office.  Normal/non sticky is fine w/ me.  

Most of the nice temps I am seeing are in Early August so may get off to a pretty good below departure after week one if GFS is close. 

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Hitting 80 before 10am is a benchmark of mine for really hot days. Mission accomplished today.

Hot weather is always a little more tolerable when you can see your way out of it...

Possibly last day for 90's through week one of August (tomorrow might be close for some)?    EC vs. GFS.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Possibly last day for 90's through week one of August (tomorrow might be close for some)?    EC vs. GFS.  

Good chance I'll hit 90 tomorrow assuming a lot of sun prior to the frontal passage.

We're almost to August, and with it comes further reduction of daylight. One nice thing to look forward to is potentially cooler nights as the month goes on, even if it's a hot day.