• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Summer 2021

4 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Team 100's chances of winning lower as each second ticks off the clock.  Unfortunately our QB, GFS, only knows how to call one play; a fly route down the sideline.  So lots of chance for more drama  Our previously steady RB, Euro,  has been benched because of a fumbling problem.

PS-Could someone call the groundskeeper and let them know that the turf in my corner of the stadium is getting crunchy and needs water?

Big 3rd down conversion on the 12z GFS.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Called the flea flicker to perfection. Some exceptionally low high and low temps into fantasy land.  Bradford Weatherunderground therms getting ready for their first 30's in a while? 

Even the Euro is in on the action. This is NOT rain aided, with dews in the 40s:

867E7694-1878-4BFA-8CF1-EBBB83470F77.thumb.jpeg.8de3c17c2a3b930314d13c7e2c9af83c.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I have had to stop looking at the qpf maps.  1) They might be wrong.  2)  If they are right, things are going to get really dry for most. 

B4B3A632-81C1-4BB6-90FB-5360726EB2D1.thumb.jpeg.75ac96150a6ed2f41e10d479e2123c55.jpeg
NWS doesn’t seem too keen on it for you guys, that’s for sure.

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I think today was the last day for a bonanza over the next 5-7 days...and its very much underperforming. 

Still, I’m encouraged by the idea that warm and dry may soon be replaced with cool and dry. I won’t be spending a lot of time in the lake with the look the models are giving, but should be great weather for any other outdoor activity if it stays fairly dry.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Still, I’m encouraged by the idea that warm and dry may soon be replaced with cool and dry. I won’t be spending a lot of time in the lake with the look the models are giving, but should be great weather for any other outdoor activity if it stays fairly dry.

Short of a stalled front or tropical system I think you are fairly safe for some decent weather. 

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

I think today was the last day for a bonanza over the next 5-7 days...and its very much underperforming. 

Hardly any rain around at all...and yet southern Lanco got hit hard this afternoon. Some areas below Quarryville got a couple of inches. (This is second hand information) 

On 7/24/2021 at 10:25 AM, Itstrainingtime said:

That is the great thing about baseball though...any given series a bad team can get hot and string a few wins together, even against a far superior team. 

The O's have swept a total of 2 series this year. Both on the road. One was at Boston, the other at Houston.

Go figure. 

This post did not age well at all...O's with sweep #3 of the season, and their first at home. (against the hated Nats to boot) 

32 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Hardly any rain around at all...and yet southern Lanco got hit hard this afternoon. Some areas below Quarryville got a couple of inches. (This is second hand information) 

Yea, models were not overly enthusiastic and Mother Nature played along. That hit in southern Lanco formed just before it actually hit them so a fortunate score for the area.   Parts of York County are getting some rain this evening. 

36 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

This post did not age well at all...O's with sweep #3 of the season, and their first at home. (against the hated Nats to boot) 

Pirates won’t get the sweep today, but won a series against the MLB-best Giants.

• Like 1

I have been visiting my grandmother in Williamsport this weekend and for the past 30 minutes, I have been watching lightning flashes to my south! I looked at the radar to see what was close and the only storms I found were over 2 hours away all the way in southern York county! Unbelievable how far you can see lightning like this…truly amazing!

• Like 2