• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Summer 2021

48 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Could ask the same of the home of the Happy Valley -- Centre County.  Although that one's pretty self-explanatory, named after its central location in the state.  As we used to say at Penn State, it's equally inaccessible from all parts of the state haha.

Centre is British English so that makes a bit more sense.  From Wiki and the making of an empire! 

History[edit]

The lands of the future Centre County were first recorded by James Potter in 1764. Potter, having reached the top of Nittany Mountain, and "....seeing the prairies and noble forest beneath him, cried out to his attendant, 'By heavens, Thompson, I have discovered an empire!'" [4] After the American Revolutionary War, Centre County was created on February 13, 1800, from parts of Huntingdon, Lycoming, Mifflin, and Northumberland counties; it was named for its central location in the state.

• Like 1

So Cleveland is officially going to be The Guardians now??  WTF!?  Haha, I mean I just can't with this stuff anymore.  Has anyone told Native Americans they are being canceled yet?  Since when is it considered anything other than laudatory or a sign of admiration to name a sports team after something/someone?  Who's next, the Braves?  The Chiefs and Blackhawks?  Maybe the Warriors?  What about half the high school mascots in America? Who know where the fun goes!?  *eye roll*

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

So Cleveland is officially going to be The Guardians now??  WTF!?  Haha, I mean I just can't with this stuff anymore.  Has anyone told Native Americans they are being canceled yet?  Since when is it considered anything other than laudatory or a sign of admiration to name a sports team after something/someone?  Who's next, the Braves?  The Chiefs and Blackhawks?  Maybe the Warriors?  What about half the high school mascots in America? Who know where the fun goes!?  *eye roll*

It is a joke. If the cowboys ever change their name I am done with them. But your right this goes on and on with many teams including high schools. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

And Cleveland.  You are surrounded by racists and dangerous former names.   I will admit that Washington Wizards has a more easy flow to it than Baltimore Wizards would have.    The cancel culture may come for the Pirates next though!  

I’m worried. I mean, pirates technically are criminals...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Preach it! 

We've been waiting for Donegal to be forced to change their name...

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Preach it! 

We've been waiting for Donegal to be forced to change their name...

I was a Donegal Indian until 4th grade so I will die on that hill with you.  Then I went on to graduate as a Hempfield Black Knight.  Who knows, probably something wrong with that term by now too ha.  And around and around we go ugh.

21 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Your post instantly reminded me of this.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I was a Donegal Indian until 4th grade so I will die on that hill with you.  Then I went on to graduate as a Hempfield Black Knight.  Who knows, probably something wrong with that term by now too ha.  And around and around we go ugh.

They are all better than the Bubblers when it comes to names that suggest strength.   Don't bring your smack talking fans around here or we will bubble up some spring water and send you packing with some bottles!  

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The Summer PV is back for Canada.  Keeps the ridge in place in the Western and Central US. 

Really makes me feel bad for the MA folks. They wanted a hot summer and it’s really only been seasonable to slightly above.

9 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Really makes me feel bad for the MA folks. They wanted a hot summer and it’s really only been seasonable to slightly above.

Maybe we should open a Gofundme for them?  :-).   They can travel out to the Midwest.  That depiction would be great weather for the first part of week one in August.