Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

25 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

No comment.

But not sure I want to add any more smokiness to the air than we already have.

Probably knocking the top off the heat potential...Bad way to do it though. 

I prefer real clouds over smoke filled ones.....better for the environment n stuff like that.

;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Probably knocking the top off the heat potential...Bad way to do it though. 

I prefer real clouds over smoke filled ones.....better for the environment n stuff like that.

;)

Yeah, not sure I enjoy the wildfire smoke either, but I’ll take it if it means the temperature will be even 1 or 2 degrees cooler (less absurdly hot?) than it otherwise would have been.

14 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

CTP reading American Weather again I see ;)

13 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

We may be armchair meteorologists but we’re the best armchair meteorologists in the land.

Outgoing shift met from CTP to incoming shift met - "you might need to issue a headline for (fill in the blank)

Incoming shift met "where are you seeing that on the models?"

Outgoing shift met "No, I read it on the weather forums...it was that Bubbler dude again"

Incoming shift met "WTF?"

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Outgoing shift met from CTP to incoming shift met - "you might need to issue a headline for (fill in the blank)

Incoming shift met "where are you seeing that on the models?"

Outgoing shift met "No, I read it on the weather forums...it was that Bubbler dude again"

Incoming shift met "WTF?"

Hey CTP mets, if you’re reading this, give a shout-out to Pillow the next time it could be relevant in a forecast discussion (e.g., “a chance of showers and thunderstorms east of a Danville to Pillow line”).

• Haha 2

The obligatory “it’s smoky out” pictures. 

2969A983-8961-434E-BEBA-AF300500F671.thumb.jpeg.7b657bef1b185e3fd870e6a7a3736456.jpeg
FF7F6274-ADAA-492C-9D69-4A4D7028C1B6.thumb.jpeg.d6e1a05c394814375604d25723001fc0.jpeg

I'm also surprised there isn't an air quality alert in this particular area. It's currently in the "Unhealthy" category with 2.5 PM at 153. Pretty rare for those type of issues around here. 

303782381_ScreenShot2021-07-20at6_46_22PM.png.0f00aa4892d91225e4cd198ebb9fe560.png

47 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Do we have smoke/haze tomorrow too, or does it clear out some?

It looks like the HRRR smoke product works most of it out later tomorrow with the passage of the shortwave trough... at least at the low levels anyways. After the brief shortwave passage, we continue to be under the general influence of the sprawling 500mb ridge that has been sending it over here. So while it might not be the lower level stuff that is currently causing degraded air quality over a pretty widespread area of the northeastern US, we might continue to see it in the upper levels later this week. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

18Z GFS says "Sorry about the false alarm" and never once takes MDT over 90 at the 18Z hour.  Has possible 30's at the end of the run for Bradford.  The chess match continues. 

I’ll have to check it out, that Euro run was painful.

34 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

It looks like the HRRR smoke product works most of it out later tomorrow with the passage of the shortwave trough... at least at the low levels anyways. After the brief shortwave passage, we continue to be under the general influence of the sprawling 500mb ridge that has been sending it over here. So while it might not be the lower level stuff that is currently causing degraded air quality over a pretty widespread area of the northeastern US, we might continue to see it in the upper levels later this week. 

Thanks! I didn't know which, if any, models had a smoke product.

27 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Quick look suggest the ridge does not fully take over our area and then a fantasy super trough drops in at the end.  

All in all, a solid run. The 540 line and even the 534 line make an appearance in Canada and not even all that far north.