• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Central PA - Summer 2021

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It technically gets me up to 100 a week from tomorrow but the temp map is all over the place with 10 degree spreads from near by areas so not taking it literally.   That coast to coast ridge is a painful site to look at though just for the cap it will put on anything significant rain wise.  The GFS basically minors out Sunday's rain influence on Southern PA.  

But it does follow up that heat with a nice trough that it can spend a week shifting north and east.

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Not sure the heat is “just for fun/discussion purposes” when it appears inside of 240.

The idea of a large Central US ridge, whether country wide or not, has been shoved down our throat now for several days.  I think we likely have some days in the 90's (both sides of the state) next week. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I expect our township to forbid watering again this week, like they did last year, so I will have to sneak water onto the new grass. 

I'm probably alone in this belief, but let the grass burn and plant groudcover instead (vinca, clover, etc - clover is EXCELLENT native groundcover here).

The time, money and energy spent on grass lawns is IMO insanity. 

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

I'm probably alone in this belief, but let the grass burn and plant groudcover instead (vinca, clover, etc - clover is EXCELLENT native groundcover here).

Its not a bad belief but weedy yards look terrible IMO.  When it is healthy, grass does a great job at choking out undesirables. .  

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Its not a bad belief but weedy yards look terrible IMO.  When it is healthy, grass does a great job at choking out undesirables. .  

Groundcover can choke weeds naturally without any chemicals, whereas lawns really can't. I despite chemicals, but again, this is my opinion and I know others will differ strongly! 

A nice lawn looks fine, sure, but I actually think a nice meadowed front looks better and is better for the ecosystem (birds, bees, etc will love it).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, canderson said:

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Darn Texans anyhow :P

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Somehow this map keeps getting worse.  Some areas of VA have no precip for 16 days.  Will call BS on that but still crazy low totals.  Convection will make this map moot for the Have's. 

My condolences to you on your CMC QPF total. Ouch!