• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Summer 2021

I also remember the Mahantango mountain fire above Millersburg about 16 years ago too. That burned for days. They had trouble putting it out with the steep terrain. I think that burned over 100 some acres.we were worried about  it coming toward my place, as I live only about 8 miles from the fire. I remember it was very smokey here.

2 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

I also remember the Mahantango mountain fire above Millersburg about 16 years ago too. That burned for days. They had trouble putting it out with the steep terrain. I think that burned over 100 some acres.we were worried about  it coming toward my place, as I live only about 8 miles from the fire. I remember it was very smokey here.

If I sleep with my phone under my pillow, will I catch on fire? – I Love  Full Circle

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, sauss06 said:

In the morning yes, but i think mine is related to the damn AC running nonstop. Smoke doesn't bother me.

I have this crap off and on year round so I never really know what to attribute it to. I know it’s not covid because that’s over, but AC related is a good guess.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

I hope there isn't heavy rain again from the storms that pop up. Do the models indicate that?

Nothing model wise has done well with with severity or qpf amounts from what I have noticed...just days to watch for the chances.    You could try to dig into PWATS and Cape but frankly those have not exactly been perfect bellwethers either. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sauss06 said:

Do you remember what year we had the smoke from the fires in Canada? that was worse then this.

I don’t remember where the fires were last fall (I thought it was the usual west coast/PNW areas) but last year, the third week of September would have been crystal clear blue skies but here in York we had the same opaque white blanket of smoke most of the week. 

Edited to add that the wildfire smoke had made the WGAL forecast that time — Joe Calhoun had said we’d be having picture perfect fall weather but that we wouldn’t really be able see or appreciate it because of the haze, and he wasn’t wrong. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I don’t believe you did. The local temps aren’t incredible but still on the hot side, but that coast to coast ridge and the Dakotas/MN heat are notable.

It technically gets me up to 100 a week from tomorrow but the temp map is all over the place with 10 degree spreads from near by areas so not taking it literally.   That coast to coast ridge is a painful site to look at though just for the cap it will put on anything significant rain wise.  The GFS basically minors out Sunday's rain influence on Southern PA.