• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Summer 2021

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Mid 80's is fine for summer be we are so far over average for the season, half way through, it is not unreasonable to ask for a few days staying in the 60's or 70's.  We got one yesterday and I suspect we get one more in the next 10 days. 

I agree to a point. The bolded is probably a bridge too far in most summers for people not living in northern NY or the upper peninsula of Michigan or something.

22 minutes ago, Voyager said:

As it should be...

8 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Certainly not disagreeing with that. I will say the mid 80s are much more palatable in a year like this one where they are much more prevalent. I like the cool downs, but 85 is a lot easier to stomach when the pattern doesn’t oscillate between hot and seasonable with no cool parts.

Mid 80's is fine for summer be we are so far over average for the season, half way through, it is not unreasonable to ask for a few days staying in the 60's or 70's.  We got one yesterday and I suspect we get one more in the next 10 days. 

While I prefer it to be as cool as possible...

I don't really care if it's 90 degrees. It SHOULD be hot this time of year. What has made our recent weather miserable has not been the temperature...it's been the dewpoint. 92/62 is tolerable. 92/77 is not. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

I agree to a point. The bolded is probably a bridge too far in most summers for people not living in northern NY or the upper peninsula of Michigan or something.

If it is raining I could see staying in the 60's.  Especially out your way.  19 of the 31 days in July feature a Min Max of under 70 at MDT.  

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Yeah...mid 70s in these parts in July is pretty good. Yesterday was special. Not sure the last time I was in the 60s in mid-late July.

I like the way Bubbler things though. :)  

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

While I prefer it to be as cool as possible...

I don't really care if it's 90 degrees. It SHOULD be hot this time of year. What has made our recent weather miserable has not been the temperature...it's been the dewpoint. 92/62 is tolerable. 92/77 is not. 

Yea, 85...90....no big difference.  97, 98, 99....too hot. 

If it is raining I could see staying in the 60's.  Especially out your way.  19 of the 31 days in July feature a Min Max of under 70 at MDT.  

That is true. We have 25 July days at PIT with low maxes in the 60s, 5 in the 70s (all are exactly 70 except one, which is 71), and one with a low max of 59.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Two days in 2000, July 19th and July 26th, stayed at 69.  

July 3, 1982 had a very rare 5 Heating Degree days to go along with it. 

image.png.06e82a1222df64a4b70aabe035be87a7.png

50 degree low on July 2nd is equally impressive. Surprised I don't remember that. It was the summer prior to my senior year in high school and the girls were relentless around me at the pool that summer. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

59 is quite crazy.

I would guess stratiform rain, but the precip amount for 7/5/72 at PIT is only 0.31”. Two weeks after Agnes, which as we’ve detailed before, produced ridiculously low nearly unbreakable low maxes at PIT, so that probably helped set up such a pattern. Actually it appears that pattern was already in place before Agnes, our all time record June low of 34 was set on 6/11.

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I would guess stratiform rain, but the precip amount for 7/5/72 at PIT is only 0.31”. Two weeks after Agnes, which as we’ve detailed before, produced ridiculously low nearly unbreakable low maxes at PIT, so that probably helped set up such a pattern. Actually it appears that pattern was already in place before Agnes, our all time record June low of 34 was set on 6/11.

Well that guarantees Voyager never lives in Pitt. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I bet it sucks being the head life guard but someone had to do it! 

You have no idea. Girls were getting frustrated because my attention was divided listening to my transistor NOAA weather radio.

Come to think of it...I hope there weren't any that needed help in the pool...

• Haha 4

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

You have no idea. Girls were getting frustrated because my attention was divided listening to my transistor NOAA weather radio.

Come to think of it...I hope there weren't any that needed help in the pool...

I’ll bet that transistor NOAA radio had all the ladies flocking to you as if they were Iowa State girl or something.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I’ll bet that transistor NOAA radio had all the ladies flocking to you as if they were Iowa State girl or something.

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Maybe that is what she was doing with her hands?  Asking Training to turn it up so she could hear the alerts.

There's more I could say...

But yeah...it's sunny and 78 here now. :) 

2 hours ago, TimB84 said:

There weren’t even that many sports posts in those 10 pages!

Just a lurker here but for what it’s worth, I love that this forum is so active during the warmer months (and don’t mind at all that sports and other interests are sometimes thrown into the mix).

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Early Nooners GFS returns.  1) LSV gets a light refresh of rain this evening into tomorrow, 2) Very comfortable mornings Thur, Fri and Sat and highs in the low 80's Wed-Fri.  3) Overall a very dry week.   Verbatim, some in the LSV may stay in the 60's on Sunday via rain (finally). 

As depicted, that's a great week of summer weather.

Sunny and 84 here at 1pm. 

46 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Early Nooners GFS returns.  1) LSV gets a light refresh of rain this evening into tomorrow, 2) Very comfortable mornings Thur, Fri and Sat and highs in the low 80's Wed-Fri.  3) Overall a very dry week.   Verbatim, some in the LSV may stay in the 60's on Sunday via rain (finally). 

Not even gonna look.  Just gonna hope that it holds.  We discussed the other week about the LR looking like the sticky heat pump from Bermuda was going on vaca for a while, and it sounds like that may be holding up.  Awesome.