• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Summer 2021

14 minutes ago, Voyager said:

0.18" so far. Everything pushing Northeast faster than it's moving east. We actually have clear skies to my southeast right now. I don't think I'm scoring with this event either.

Same old same old...

Looks like you’re in nice light steady rain for a bit now. That’s perfect for plants. 

23 minutes ago, canderson said:

Looks like you’re in nice light steady rain for a bit now. That’s perfect for plants. 

Yeah, but it certainly doesn't verify the Severe Thunderstorm Watch/Flash Flood Watch that was advertised all day. As a weather junkie I want the big storm with the 5" per hour rates, insane CTG lightning, and at least moderate wind. It's not unlike wanting the blizzard jackpot in the winter. This place is the most boring weather location I've ever lived in, and that includes Phoenix where it's dry most of the year. At least the monsoon storms were potent, powerful, and impressive.

10 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Yeah, but it certainly doesn't verify the Severe Thunderstorm Watch/Flash Flood Watch that was advertised all day. As a weather junkie I want the big storm with the 5" per hour rates, insane CTG lightning, and at least moderate wind. It's not unlike wanting the blizzard jackpot in the winter. This place is the most boring weather location I've ever lived in, and that includes Phoenix where it's dry most of the year. At least the monsoon storms were potent, powerful, and impressive.

It never verified for me either - light rain at most. .15” total. But I’ll gladly take that! 

I did expect more severe but earlier instability might have cut down the main threat.  

11 minutes ago, Voyager said:

AZ monsoon storms are some of the most incredible storms there are, at least as far as rainfall rates go.

28 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

AZ monsoon storms are some of the most incredible storms there are, at least as far as rainfall rates go.

They certainly are! Even the CTC lightning is impressive. I've never seen anything like it. It'll start in one direction and then spider out across the sky in all directions.

Well, the weather gods said, nope, nada, no way...

I should really be used to this by now, but with each potential severe event, I hope for the best. Of course, that rarely happens in my neck of the woods. Some places attract storms like a magnet, and others repel them like teflon. Tamaqua is a teflon location.

15 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Well said! I am a baseball fanatic first who happens to be a fan of the Orioles for the past 47 years.

Thank you. The commitment comes easy  because we love to do it...no matter what the weather. :) 

As if they were insulted by you ranking the Sox fans below them, the Yanks fans stepped up and acted out.  Lol

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I could not fit it in such a wide view but here is your area with the scale and the same scale can be applied to the previous map

image.thumb.png.afacc75d9defbb14a7a5d5208973f85a.png

image.png.a20feb900d8600e4126831971ccec785.png

thank you, I know they didn't have the rain to the east of us. The creek is just a little dirty and maybecame up just a little. My son works at the Lykens water plant, and he said they had 1.5 there and my final total was 1.80 and for the month so far 5.86