• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

I cannot believe how humid it is outside. 

We were walking on the river trail when the storm formed. We left the lot under mostly sunny skies with a few puffy cumulus clouds. We were 17 minutes into the walk when the first rain drops started falling. Things are developing that quickly. And in this atmosphere, once the match is lit, they're exploding quickly. 

11 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I cannot believe how humid it is outside. 

We were walking on the river trail when the storm formed. We left the lot under mostly sunny skies with a few puffy cumulus clouds. We were 17 minutes into the walk when the first rain drops started falling. Things are developing that quickly. And in this atmosphere, once the match is lit, they're exploding quickly. 

Why the living hell did you choose 230 pm today to go for a walk? Are you crazy? :D

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, canderson said:

Why the living hell did you choose 230 pm today to go for a walk? Are you crazy? :D

Crazy? Um...yes. :lol:

Walking every day is important to us...we should have gone earlier, but a lot of people are out on Saturday mornings and I was looking for less crowds and more solitude. Normally, we'll walk around 6-7pm this time of year but I was figuring that would be go time for storms. 

That's my rationale. LOL

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I do not mean this to be offensive, and this is a VERY GENERAL type of comment.

I find Red Sox fans more annoying than Yankees fans. Yankee fans, by and large, are passionate baseball fans.

Over the past 20 or so years, I've been around a fair number of Red Sox fans who sort of "jumped on the trendy, cool thing to do" of "following" the Red Sox. I remember a game several years ago where a guy in full Red Sox gear in Baltimore asked his friend when David Ortiz came up to the dish - "this guy is good, right?"

You just don't hear that from Yankee fans.

@canderson@Bubbler86please understand that the above is NOT a reflection of you, nor your love and knowledge of baseball and the Red Sox. :) 

I am a Sox Fan back to the 80's so not trendy but there are a LOT of stuck up, know it all Red Sox fans.  I doubt you have ever seen me be too rude to any specific team on here beyond pointing out times when my favorite may have bested them.  We are all humans and I hope to never be looked at as a Red Sox fan vs. a fan of sports who roots for the Red Sox. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Crazy? Um...yes. :lol:

Walking every day is important to us...we should have gone earlier, but a lot of people are out on Saturday mornings and I was looking for less crowds and more solitude. Normally, we'll walk around 6-7pm this time of year but I was figuring that would be go time for storms. 

That's my rationale. LOL

Your commitment to walking, in how often you mention it, is pretty cool and impressive.  I could use some of your gusto in my own exercise endeavors. 

30 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am a Sox Fan back to the 80's so not trendy but there are a LOT of stuck up, know it all Red Sox fans.  I doubt you have ever seen me be too rude to any specific team on here beyond pointing out times when my favorite may have bested them.  We are all humans and I hope to never be looked at as a Red Sox fan vs. a fan of sports who roots for the Red Sox. 

Well said! I am a baseball fanatic first who happens to be a fan of the Orioles for the past 47 years.

16 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Your commitment to walking, in how often you mention it, is pretty cool and impressive.  I could use some of your gusto in my own exercise endeavors. 

Thank you. The commitment comes easy  because we love to do it...no matter what the weather. :) 

• Like 1