• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

10 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

That’s quite an interesting variety of teams.

I only have a large issue with one of your teams!

LOL, no problems.  I know you are Philly centric.  I was a Phillies fan growing up but sort of gravitated to the BoSox in the 80's.  My dad was in the military so I picked up teams as we moved around.  Living in Philly for 10 years I am quite familiar with the 90's Philly teams and the announcers down there.  Jody MacDonald, Howard Eskin, Angelo Catladi etc...  I used to really dislike Philly teams but not so much any more.  

4 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

This amount of rain would be good for @Bubbler86 , but the rest of us could use a break!

CTP has good maps today!

Man, I wish I could feel good about it and am not poo pooing it, but I would prefer if any model showed a more appreciable event here.  They have all been in reverse for a couple days now.   I do not think an guidance shows a scenario like that for the LSV.   (Maybe the CMC and Icon)

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

LOL, no problems.  I know you are Philly centric.  I was a Phillies fan growing up but sort of gravitated to the BoSox in the 80's.  My dad was in the military so I picked up teams as we moved around.  Living in Philly for 10 years I am quite familiar with the 90's Philly teams and the announcers down there.  Jody MacDonald, Howard Eskin, Angelo Catladi etc...  I used to really dislike Philly teams but not no so much any more.  

I was brain washed as an all Philly fan by my Dad at a young age!
Lots of pain and suffering with many terrible teams…but it makes the occasional good season and the few Championships that much better!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

LOL, no problems.  I know you are Philly centric.  I was a Phillies fan growing up but sort of gravitated to the BoSox in the 80's.  My dad was in the military so I picked up teams as we moved around.  Living in Philly for 10 years I am quite familiar with the 90's Philly teams and the announcers down there.  Jody MacDonald, Howard Eskin, Angelo Catladi etc...  I used to really dislike Philly teams but not so much any more.  

I don't know who is more annoying- Angelo or Howard. 

Not only is Howard annoying, he's crass as well.

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I don't know who is more annoying- Angelo or Howard. 

Not only is Howard annoying, he's crass as well.

It really made it satisfying when the Boy's would win and Howard had to give props to Jody Mac.  I think those Eagles and Cowboys teams were more cohesive and a real rivalry.  These days the players shuttle in and out more. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Storm Clouds said:

Going to be so disappointed if we don’t get good thunderstorms later…it is absolutely horrid outside and full sun! 

I just came from running. It is very warm. 
think I’m heading out to clean out my gutters, since y’all are confident or rain later. Looks like around a dinner time start to me. Thoughts?

48 minutes ago, canderson said:

The Yankees are the equivalent of the hottest summer day. Dumb and pointless. 

I get it...I don't like the Yankees either, obviously.

However, I appreciate and respect the dynasty. The names. The records. The old stadium. The tradition. 

Baseball would not be what it is without the Yankees and their history. 

I do not mean this to be offensive, and this is a VERY GENERAL type of comment.

I find Red Sox fans more annoying than Yankees fans. Yankee fans, by and large, are passionate baseball fans.

Over the past 20 or so years, I've been around a fair number of Red Sox fans who sort of "jumped on the trendy, cool thing to do" of "following" the Red Sox. I remember a game several years ago where a guy in full Red Sox gear in Baltimore asked his friend when David Ortiz came up to the dish - "this guy is good, right?"

You just don't hear that from Yankee fans.

@canderson@Bubbler86please understand that the above is NOT a reflection of you, nor your love and knowledge of baseball and the Red Sox. :) 

37 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

I’m at 93F/75F.

Heat index 105F.

90/72 for a heat index of 98 at my house. I decided that since it's so hard to get a good storm in my backyard that I would get mine and my wife's Jeeps washed. I figure that will insure that we get a good rainer today.

• Haha 1