• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Summer 2021

3 hours ago, Greensnow said:

The have and have nots. When I see someone talking about drought conditions it is a little like WTF are talking about. Over 3" for the week and 7" for the month with more incoming up here in the next 30 minutes. Played golf at Scranton CC last night and water was coming up from the fairways when you walked to your ball. Crazy.

We have only had about 1.5" of rain in the last 40 days or so.  A Have Not.  Just 20 miles North of me and they have had 5-6" just this month.   We are officially in drought but we won't be listed because the square mile area where it is taking place is too small even for a little yellow dot.  One of the USGS employees lives in Hagerstown and I have the pleasure of communicating with him.  

image.png.d69801c22abf457d14efe498dbc31499.png

8 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Probably considering the location of the fr boundary and timing of significant afternoon heating  ( mid 90s +)

and with high pwats 2+ inches and multiple cell cluster  rounds I'd think flash flooding will be achieved locally.  

But where? Area wide, or localized to the LSV, Mason-Dixon Line, Lancaster area, etc.

58 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

We have only had about 1.5" of rain in the last 40 days or so.  A Have Not.  Just 20 miles North of me and they have had 5-6" just this month.   We are officially in drought but we won't be listed because the square mile area where it is taking place is too small even for a little yellow dot.  One of the USGS employees lives in Hagerstown and I have the pleasure of communicating with him.  

image.png.d69801c22abf457d14efe498dbc31499.png

Yes- I am a black dot.

6 minutes ago, Voyager said:

But where? Area wide, or localized to the LSV, Mason-Dixon Line, Lancaster area, etc.

squall line looks to be aoa dinner time tomorrow per mesos.  Like loostoe said it looks like the dynamics should be right for some and the line looks to be 40 N kinda deal per 12k, but 3k looks a bit more S w/ best dynamics.  Being this close to the game, that doesnt inspire much confidence for the where, but the when looks like we should all plan on indoor dining for supper.  

26 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

squall line looks to be aoa dinner time tomorrow per mesos.  Like loostoe said it looks like the dynamics should be right for some and the line looks to be 40 N kinda deal per 12k, but 3k looks a bit more S w/ best dynamics.  Being this close to the game, that doesnt inspire much confidence for the where, but the when looks like we should all plan on indoor dining for supper.  

Thanks! Indoor supper is already planned. The wife and I are taking a good friend out to dinner at the Tamaqua Train Station Restaurant tomorrow night.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Thanks! Indoor supper is already planned. The wife and I are taking a good friend out to dinner at the Tamaqua Train Station Restaurant tomorrow night.

You’re about to get some rain. 

Looks like I had about .15” - radar looked heavier than it was. 

• Like 1

CTP seems to be very confident in the shower & storm chances for the Harrisburg area tomorrow.

Saturday
A chance of showers before 11am, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms between 11am and 2pm, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 2pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. High near 90. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible. 
Saturday Night
Showers and thunderstorms before 11pm, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm between 11pm and 2am, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Low around 70. Southwest wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

5 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

CTP seems to be very confident in the shower & storm chances for the Harrisburg area tomorrow.

Saturday
A chance of showers before 11am, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms between 11am and 2pm, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 2pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. High near 90. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible. 
Saturday Night
Showers and thunderstorms before 11pm, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm between 11pm and 2am, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Low around 70. Southwest wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

In answer to your comment a little further back...yes, I did get in to some thundershowers.  It rained heavily for a short time (maybe 10 minutes).  All tolled 0.37" in the bucket today with 0.02" yesterday and 0.20" on Wednesday.  Six tenths of an inch isn't much but I'll take whatever I can get.  Looks like you and I are on track for perhaps an inch or more tomorrow.  Can't wait!  My low yesterday (Friday) was 67.6 and the high was 93.2.  The dews were back up around 75 a good chunk of the day which made it really uncomfortable to be out, especially in the sun.  Thankfully, I don't have to be out in the sun if I don't want to be.  One of the perks of retirement. 

• Like 2