• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

3 hours ago, TimB84 said:

I wasn’t alive yet, but my Penn State alumni parents had the VHS tape of that national championship game, which I watched numerous times as a child. Even though I’m an alum of another Big Ten school, I still root for PSU anytime they’re not playing Wisconsin. It’s just in my blood. Thank God they got rid of those stupid leaders and legends divisions where it was an annual rivalry for a few years. (Though the competitive balance, especially in football, was a little better that way.)

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I wouldn't mind going to Camp Randall some day. :)  

My buddies and I take a road trip to a PSU game at a different location every year.  Last year was the first time we couldn't go, as Covid robbed us of our planned Virginia Tech trip.  Man, was really looking forward to Blacksburg ugh.  Anyway, our first trip ever was to Madison to face Wisconsin in 2008.  We hammered them 48-7 and D-Will had a punt return for a TD in that game.  We were actually in the student section for that one, crazy I know haha.  Luckily we were in one of the top rows though so very few students behind us to razz us, plus we beat them so badly I think they lost interest.  To this day we say that is our best trip ever.  We were still young, the women were kind, the weather was perfection, the team was great, the town was great, just great, everything great.  We definitely plan on getting back to Madison one day, but only after we cross every other B10 school off the list.  Next year we are going to Auburn, REALLY looking forward to that one, first game at an SEC stadium.  Also, we are 10-2 lifetime on our road trips, and that's not including the 2006 Orange Bowl we attended against Florida State and won in triple OT, the infamous JoePa-Bowden bowl.  We definitely seem to be brining the boys some good luck.  So many stories......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

My buddies and I take a road trip to a PSU game at a different location every year.  Last year was the first time we couldn't go, as Covid robbed us of our planned Virginia Tech trip.  Man, was really looking forward to Blacksburg ugh.  Anyway, our first trip ever was to Madison to face Wisconsin in 2008.  We hammered them 48-7 and D-Will had a punt return for a TD in that game.  We were actually in the student section for that one, crazy I know haha.  Luckily we were in one of the top rows though so very few students behind us to razz us, plus we beat them so badly I think they lost interest.  To this day we say that is our best trip ever.  We were still young, the women were kind, the weather was perfection, the team was great, the town was great, just great, everything great.  We definitely plan on getting back to Madison one day, but only after we cross every other B10 school off the list.  Next year we are going to Auburn, REALLY looking forward to that one, first game at an SEC stadium.  Also, we are 10-2 lifetime on our road trips, and that's not including the 2006 Orange Bowl we attended against Florida State and won in triple OT, the infamous JoePa-Bowden bowl.  We definitely seem to be brining the boys some good luck.  So many stories......

I was in Florida at the time (Walt Disney World) and watched the game at ESPN over at the Boardwalk. The game of missed field goals...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

@TimB84, 12Z GFS Trough for next weekend seems much broader and wide scale.  Still gives comfy temps though.  Check out that Ontario Clipper mid week which goes above PA. 

Nice H's to our north for next weekend into the following week. Where is that D@mn 540 at? LOL 

4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Sunday lookin drier each run . Nice comfortable dew points in the upper 50s to low 60s per Gfs  . Grad Party looking more and more promising to be mostly rain free 

Sunday is looking good, my grad party for my son Saturday not so good but it won't ruin it we will just be inside.

38 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

@TimB84, 12Z GFS Trough for next weekend seems much broader and wide scale.  Still gives comfy temps though.  Check out that Ontario Clipper mid week which goes above PA. 

That run isn’t bad for temps but it is a 2 week period in which very little rain falls after tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

That run isn’t bad for temps but it is a 2 week period in which very little rain falls after tomorrow.

Yes, if I keep saying it people will just get more sick of me saying it but verbatim the GFS is cool and way too dry.  Forget how dry I am here.  Some people who have received rain this week will be a dust bowl in 10 days if the GFS were to play out.   And tomorrows rain is looking less and less impressive but models could be wrong and we get a deluge.  Really, a lot of rain tomorrow will not help much if we have two weeks of little rain. 

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

Up until March when I started this Tower City to Sunbury water haul, I had never even heard of Pillow. Now I'm through there seven times per week...lol.

It actually looks nice and peaceful. I think I'd rather live there than Tamaqua.

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

Up until March when I started this Tower City to Sunbury water haul, I had never even heard of Pillow. Now I'm through there seven times per week...lol.

It actually looks nice and peaceful. I think I'd rather live there than Tamaqua.

Pillow is a peaceful town I know quite a few people that live there. 

Williamsport has a Flash Flood Watch for tonight through tomorrow evening. 

* Flash Flood Watch for a portion of central Pennsylvania, including
the following areas, Cameron, Elk, McKean, Northern Clinton,
Northern Lycoming, Potter, Southern Clinton, Southern Lycoming,
Sullivan, Tioga and Warren.

* From 10 PM EDT this evening through Saturday evening.

* A slow moving front will focus rounds of locally heavy rainfall
across the Watch area tonight and Saturday. Extremely wet soils
will lead to rapid runoff and possible flash flooding in areas of
heavy rain.

We are supposed to get about 1.25" of rain between now and tomorrow night.  I hope we don't get much more than that but who knows what the thunderstorms will bring?

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Plus there is certainly nothing to suggest you make a run at the 97 mark going into August. 

Side note, today is the 33rd anniversary of the hottest day in Pittsburgh’s history (103)*. I hope we never get there again.

*tied with two other dates in 1881 and 1918

10 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Side note, today is the 33rd anniversary of the hottest day in Pittsburgh’s history (103)*. I hope we never get there again.

*tied with two other dates in 1881 and 1918

MDT clocked in with their second highest temp ever on the same day in 1988.  104.    Also hit 104 two days in 1918 and 2 days in 1966.   Also, Euro now has the trough next weekend.

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

MDT clocked in with their second highest temp ever on the same day in 1988.  104.    Also hit 104 two days in 1918 and 2 days in 1966.   Also, Euro now has the trough next weekend.

As records go, that all timer of 107 was one that seemed relatively safe to me up until my view of such things was clouded by what just happened out west.

18 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I was a mason then. If i remember correctly, that entire week was brutal. Guys were dropping like flies. We were laying foundations in a new development. No shade for miles around. Just pounding sun and it was humid. But my mind could be sketchy on details.

edit-by weeks end, only me and the foreman were left from entire crew. He said screw it, we're not working. we went to a bar :D

15 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

As records go, that all timer of 107 was one that seemed relatively safe to me up until my view of such things was clouded by what just happened out west.

Yea,  plus MDT has hit 104 or 103 some 7-8 times now.  So it does not look like this year is the year to break it but it may be broken some day.

12 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I was a mason then. If i remember correctly, that entire week was brutal. Guys were dropping like flies. We were laying foundations in a new development. No shade for miles around. Just pounding sun and it was humid. But my mind could be sketchy on details.

edit-by weeks end, only me and the foreman were left from entire crew. He said screw it, we're not working. we went to a bar :D

Cannot imagine it.  I have my own heat stories of playing tennis in Florida mid day July and its brutal and some what unhealthy but it was never in the 104 area.  Always 95-98.  

• Like 1