• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Summer 2021

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It's getting frustrating.  I wonder what the non tropical storm record for qpf in a month at MDT is. 

I don't know about MDT, but I had over 11" a few years ago and none of it was tropical. There was a day in August when Maytown - Mount Joy - Manheim all picked up between 6-11" of rain in about 2-3 hours. 

Weather Alert
Special Weather Statement issued July 12 at 3:17PM EDT by NWS State College

...A STRONG THUNDERSTORM WILL AFFECT PARTS OF LANCASTER...LEBANON... AND DAUPHIN COUNTIES UNTIL 400 PM EDT... At 315 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated a strong thunderstorm over Highspire, moving northeast at 15 mph. Torrential rain is expected. Rainfall rates of 1 to 2 inches are possible in just 30 minutes. Pea size hail and wind gusts up to 50 mph are possible. Locations impacted include... Hershey, Elizabethtown, Middletown, Palmyra, Steelton, Hummelstown, Campbelltown, Highspire, Royalton, Timber Hills, Mount Gretna Heights, Lawn, York Haven, Mount Gretna, Three Mile Island, Penn State Harrisburg, Harrisburg International Airport, Penn State College Of Medicine, Hershey Park and Elizabethtown College.

Just now, paweather said:

Weather Alert
Special Weather Statement issued July 12 at 3:17PM EDT by NWS State College

...A STRONG THUNDERSTORM WILL AFFECT PARTS OF LANCASTER...LEBANON... AND DAUPHIN COUNTIES UNTIL 400 PM EDT... At 315 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated a strong thunderstorm over Highspire, moving northeast at 15 mph. Torrential rain is expected. Rainfall rates of 1 to 2 inches are possible in just 30 minutes. Pea size hail and wind gusts up to 50 mph are possible. Locations impacted include... Hershey, Elizabethtown, Middletown, Palmyra, Steelton, Hummelstown, Campbelltown, Highspire, Royalton, Timber Hills, Mount Gretna Heights, Lawn, York Haven, Mount Gretna, Three Mile Island, Penn State Harrisburg, Harrisburg International Airport, Penn State College Of Medicine, Hershey Park and Elizabethtown College.

The time is off. 

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I don't know about MDT, but I had over 11" a few years ago and none of it was tropical. There was a day in August when Maytown - Mount Joy - Manheim all picked up between 6-11" of rain in about 2-3 hours. 

Yeah was discussing August of 2018 with someone last week, how it's my rainiest month of all time with 17.79".  I have missed out on absolutely everything so far today, swear some it may have just been the next farm field over.  So close yet so far.  Things are plenty windy and dark though.

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yeah was discussing August of 2018 with someone last week, how it's my rainiest month of all time with 17.79".  I have missed out on absolutely everything so far today, swear some it may have just been the next farm field over.  So close yet so far.  Things are plenty windy and dark though.

I'm at .11" for the afternoon - what rain I've received has fallen under sunny skies. Gorgeous rainbow to my south. 

August 2018 - that was before I had my station and I was estimating off local reports. I know from my garden gauge that the day that Mount Joy proper had over 10", I had just a smidge over 6" at my place.

Very quietly, some areas of southern Lanco are approaching 4" of rain since 2:30pm today. 

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm at .11" for the afternoon - what rain I've received has fallen under sunny skies. Gorgeous rainbow to my south. 

August 2018 - that was before I had my station and I was estimating off local reports. I know from my garden gauge that the day that Mount Joy proper had over 10", I had just a smidge over 6" at my place.

Very quietly, some areas of southern Lanco are approaching 4" of rain since 2:30pm today. 

What a crazy day August 31, 2018 was, with many in the Mount Joy area seeing 8-10" in just a couple hours.  I was in Mount Joy shopping and had gotten out of town just in time before the flooding got bad, lots of car rescues that day.  My total from that day was only 4.45" ha.  Man those cells in Solanco area are just dumping while barely moving, always a scary situation.  Meanwhile, it's uncanny over here how closely I'm being missed again on all sides, sun back out.