• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

Fresh tornado warning issued for the section of the line over Lock Haven. Pretty decent couplet showing back up. I believe this was the portion that had the pronounced hook/couplet a little while ago. This is pretty close to CCX so the radar's getting a pretty good look at the low levels. 

660892018_ScreenShot2021-07-11at7_43_02PM.png.b61127104e0b2e3bc7c1e0db7ddd525b.png

1 minute ago, MAG5035 said:

Fresh tornado warning issued for the section of the line over Lock Haven. Pretty decent couplet showing back up. I believe this was the portion that had the pronounced hook/couplet a little while ago. This is pretty close to CCX so the radar's getting a pretty good look at the low levels. 

660892018_ScreenShot2021-07-11at7_43_02PM.png.b61127104e0b2e3bc7c1e0db7ddd525b.png

My Father in Law works at the University I'll let you guys know if hears anything

1 minute ago, Anduril said:

My Father in Law works at the University I'll let you guys know if hears anything

He'd probably know first hand since it looks like the center of that couplet passed over the part of town where the university is. There's def good low level rotation but velocities aren't super high and the couplet isn't really tight with opposing high velocities. I'd still say there's a good chance of a weaker tornado being spawned in there and definitely some severe winds at the least. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Anduril said:

Same returns that were showing possible tornado for Blanchard/Beech Creek area _def_ seemed to go through Lock Haven area. Hope people are ok

I hope we will be fine.  The tornado warning say we'll be getting it here in Williamsport at 8:10.  TV just said winds are around 50 mph so I am going to shut the windows now.  

35 minutes ago, canderson said:

Agreed. Also hope all is well - nice to see you back after a break!

Yea everything's good, I'm just a lot busier during the summer months and don't get a chance to post as much as the wintertime. 

Other than a pretty significant flash flood event in town on the morning of June 10th (3"+ of rain in an hour) we were having a really quiet summer around here severe wise (non-existent) until this past week. Wednesday's severe weather did a lot of tree damage in some parts of town and especially the next valley over. I wonder how @Cashtown_Coopwould feel having to clear 50+ damaged trees off the course 3 days before a golf tourney haha.

https://www.altoonamirror.com/news/local-news/2021/07/volunteers-flood-sinking-valley-course/ 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Yea everything's good, I'm just a lot busier during the summer months and don't get a chance to post as much as the wintertime. 

Other than a pretty significant flash flood event in town on the morning of June 10th (3"+ of rain in an hour) we were having a really quiet summer around here severe wise (non-existent) until this past week. Wednesday's severe weather did a lot of tree damage in some parts of town and especially the next valley over. I wonder how @Cashtown_Coopwould feel having to clear 50+ damaged trees off the course 3 days before a golf tourney haha.

https://www.altoonamirror.com/news/local-news/2021/07/volunteers-flood-sinking-valley-course/ 

Really happy to see you back posting. I appreciate reading your thoughts and observations.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Wow that would be a nightmare.   Nice to see everyone come together and help clean things up.   We were hit with a storm a few weeks back with 6 downed trees and a ton of cleanup that took 3 days to clean up.  Couldn’t imagine 50 trees 

Still waiting here in Williamsport for the big event.  Our dot has remained in mostly green on the radar but that will be changing soon at last.  We were not even mentioned in the most recent severe thunderstorm warning, only Muncy and Hughesville to our east in Lycoming County.

2 minutes ago, CoralRed said:

Still waiting here in Williamsport for the big event.  Our dot has remained in mostly green on the radar but that will be changing soon at last.  We were not even mentioned in the most recent severe thunderstorm warning, only Muncy and Hughesville to our east in Lycoming County.

Pretty sure Williamsport was included in the Tornado warning for the cell that possibly affected Lock Haven...

2 minutes ago, Anduril said:

Pretty sure Williamsport was included in the Tornado warning for the cell that possibly affected Lock Haven...

It certainly was.  That ended at 8:15. The 8:03 Severe Thunderstorm Warning didn't include us, though.

Southeastern Lycoming County in north central Pennsylvania...
Columbia County in central Pennsylvania...

1 minute ago, CoralRed said:

It certainly was.  That ended at 8:15. The 8:03 Severe Thunderstorm Warning didn't include us, though.

Southeastern Lycoming County in north central Pennsylvania...
Columbia County in central Pennsylvania...

Looks like the worst of it went South of you guys Milton / Lewisburg def took some strong winds

BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
National Weather Service State College PA
844 PM EDT Sun Jul 11 2021

The National Weather Service in State College PA has issued a

* Severe Thunderstorm Warning for...
  Southwestern Schuylkill County in central Pennsylvania...
  Dauphin County in south central Pennsylvania...
  Cumberland County in south central Pennsylvania...
  Eastern Perry County in south central Pennsylvania...
  Northwestern Lebanon County in south central Pennsylvania...

* Until 1000 PM EDT.

* At 844 PM EDT, severe thunderstorms were located along a line
  extending from near Millersburg to near New Buffalo to near
  Shippensburg, moving east at 20 mph.

HAZARD...60 mph wind gusts.

SOURCE...Radar indicated.

IMPACT...Expect damage to roofs, siding, and trees.

* Locations impacted include...
  Harrisburg, Carlisle, Lower Allen, Hershey, Colonial Park,
  Progress, Mechanicsburg, Camp Hill, New Cumberland, Linglestown,
  Enola, Steelton, Shippensburg, Lemoyne, Hummelstown, Ashland,
  Plainfield, Paxtonia, Schlusser and Rutherford.