• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

14 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

With so many parts of the country having excessive heat this summer, you’d have to think that the east coast will have its turn at some point.   I think there will be a 3 to 5 day period where major cities hit 100+.  I hope I’m wrong.   

Definitely agree on this one. I’ve had this hunch for awhile now.

I checked the weather this morning and it wasn't anything special here in Williamsport.  I think maybe it was 1/4-1/2 inch of rain for today and also tonight, for a total well under an inch.  Now I see they are calling for 2 inches tonight.

What changed?  Is everybody else supposed to get a lot more rain tonight, too?

5:15PM Update: Wunderground is now calling for just an inch of rain tonight. They seem to go up and down by a lot these days in a short period of time, sometimes maybe an hour. It is annoying.

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Not sitting still long enough to check models but how deep into fantasy?  100+ days become much less common climo wise in two weeks (like we mentioned last week).  Not that it cannot happen. 

As far into fantasy land as you can go. :lol:

31 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Cumberland County, going into H-Burg, is killing it all of a sudden.   Would really be popcorn time if that was a snow map. 

Wow.  I'll take the 2.25"+ its dishing out.  As others have posted the dew points have reached their highest level of the season with 75-77 degrees not uncommon.  I'm at 85/74.  Got 0.07" just before sunrise this morning.  The radar looks very interesting with a line of narrow but intense rainfall all the way from m/d line up to ny state line.  Many times I have seen this develop out in western PA and right as it reaches me it breaks apart leaving me with just a moderate shower.  Time will telll with this one in a few more hours.

8 minutes ago, canderson said:

Is that line going to clip HBG? Looks like it’ll be a close call as it will start drifting more NNE. 

I think the line probably makes it but it does seem the real business part of that line is gonna go north. Very pronounced bow on velocity working from just east of State College down to just below Lewistown and that seems to be generally pressing towards Sunbury/Selinsgrove. 

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Board is giving me a bit of a hassle in downloading/viewing. 

I wasn't sure how well that was gonna work since videos are always hit and miss posting on here if its not a youtube link or something like that. I can see it on my phone and laptop. 

2 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

I think the line probably makes it but it does seem the real business part of that line is gonna go north. Very pronounced bow on velocity working from just east of State College down to just below Lewistown and that seems to be generally pressing towards Sunbury/Selinsgrove. 

Agreed. Also hope all is well - nice to see you back after a break!