• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Summer 2021

12 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Are we putting today?   Saw the hrrr pops some bands up later.   Things really drying out fast 

Two days ago I was enthusiastic but now its down to pop up hopes it appears.  So not a punt but it appears not everyone gets rain today and looking forward is ugly.  Yesterday the Euro had you getting an 1" of rain in the next 24 hours.  Not it has that or less in the next 240 hours.  Even if we get some today its not looking great through much of July.  We are left with hopes that the ridge is being depicted a bit too far west and we get into the return flow that Loseto mentioned.  Better chance for people north of us sort of the way the radar looks this Am with the N LSV getting rain. 

43 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Was hoping the storm would interact with the front (it still may) to give us "Non Elsa tropical love".  But some depictions on the models are subsidence hell then bone dry for days.   The GFS depicts some people not getting any rain through July 21.  

I’d say we’re into those doldrums of summer where the models don’t show much of anything interesting.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I’d say we’re into those doldrums of summer where the models don’t show much of anything interesting.

Yea, if it were not for drought concerns ramping up, it would be tough to look at them today.  On the edge of a ridge with daily low end rain chances.  No big fronts or SLP's to speak of and temps in the 80's/low 90's each day.  No serious heat waves but no cool downs.   Some serious heat no too far south of us though. 

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, if it were not for drought concerns ramping up, it would be tough to look at them today.  On the edge of a ridge with daily low end rain chances.  No big fronts or SLP's to speak of and temps in the 80's/low 90's each day.  No serious heat waves but no cool downs.   Some serious heat no too far south of us though

That’ll keep a certain select few masochists in a certain region happy.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Just checked out the MA as I figured there would be a GFS vs Euro battle going on, in relation to Elsa, and there was but saw this as an extra bonus.  Just to add to today's info.  Short Pump type of day.   This would include scattered rain part of tomorrow. 

10FBB200-584D-4B43-8EB2-BAB7C581D963.png

I would gladly take my .50” 

2 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

i had 75 at 5 this morning, i just looked and we dropped 2 degrees. 

We've had enough rain that i still should mow twice a week. I have my mower deck all the way up and just cutting once.

Over here we stopped mowing last week.  This happened a month earlier last year but have not heard a mower since June.   No dirt patches yet just brown grass again.   We had some rain July 3rd but nothing since. 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Over here we stopped mowing last week.  This happened a month earlier last year but have not heard a mower since June.   No dirt patches yet just brown grass again.   We had some rain July 3rd but nothing since. 

No mowing here, brown spots all over the place. Did some trimming but that is it. 

7 minutes ago, paweather said:

No mowing here, brown spots all over the place. Did some trimming but that is it. 

My across street neighbors yard is a good representation of what I am calling brown.  Some green blotches but most dormant and browning.  Can still see the mowing lines from 7-10 days ago which is always a bad sign. 

image.png.d346865d92a7c2b75634e10b05846b1a.png

• Like 1

Wow-didn't realize that anyone in the state was that dry. I am 30 miles from the NY Border above Scranton and have had rain almost every other day. Greatest dry stretch over this period was 5 days. With what fell in NEPA Tuesday and Wednesday night I would think most areas are above normal now. Rain on the way today and tomorrow.

dep_north.60.png

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Greensnow said:

Wow-didn't realize that anyone in the state was that dry. I am 30 miles from the NY Border above Scranton and have had rain almost every other day. Greatest dry stretch over this period was 5 days. With what fell in NEPA Tuesday and Wednesday night I would think most areas are above normal now. Rain on the way today and tomorrow.

And these maps are so very localized in the summer since they are using some type of county average or a set of points in the county.  Dauphin county says -2.7 but someone could be at -5 while someone else could be normal. 

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

And these maps are so very localized in the summer since they are using some type of county average or a set of points in the county.  Dauphin county says -2.7 but someone could be at -5 while someone else could be normal. 

So true.  Take Lancaster County for instance, my little area in the northwest part of the county is well under average the past couple of months while the rest of the county is fine.  I've only gotten an inch in the past three and a half weeks.

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

2 hours ago, paweather said:

I've only mowed twice since returning from vacation on June 12th. Or I should say, I've only mowed once since June 13th.

Just now, Mount Joy Snowman said:

So true.  Take Lancaster County for instance, my little area in the northwest part of the county is well under average the past couple of months while the rest of the county is fine.  I've only gotten an inch in the past three and a half weeks.

.86" during that time for me.

• Sad 1