• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Summer 2021

8 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

“You guys told me there would be severe weather yesterday so I cancelled all my plans for the entire day and didn’t see a single drop of rain. If I were that wrong about anything at my job I’d be fired!”

Hopefully it never gets to the point where people can sue weather people for lost monies. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mahantango#1 said:

Yes, I do about 2 miles as the crow flies from  Pillow.. You must be familiar with this area.

I go through Pillow three times on Thursday and Friday and once on Monday. Every week.

I take spring water to Weis from Tower City.

9 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Definitely a cutoff with the core . Still a reasonable chance for areas around the m/d line for core effects . Baltimore areas chances are growing each run . Hopefully today's runs really hone in on the exact track . Regardless ...tropical moisture,  approaching front,  summertime heat  means excellent tstorm chances 

Just noticed the new Nam keeps the core at the shore.   No for Philly, BWI or DCA.  Trends are not great for tomorrow.   Worlds apart from the 12Z CMC which gave Lanco a full on drilling. 

Hi all...I'm back!  No more perpetual daylight for me after not seeing darkness for 12 days.  For those of you who replied to my Alaska post, thank you!  I now have a much better familiarity of quite a few of the major towns/destinations, so I knew where you were talking about.  The rest of my trip was equally fantastic.  The trip from Anchorage to Denali on the Alaska Railroad was absolutely breathtaking.  I love riding the train so this 7-hour excursion was full of adventure.  It was very comfortable as well as we were in a dome-top car with views in all directions including up. We finished our trip on the railroad on Sunday back to Fairbanks.  I'll be back later to wrap up my trip experiences.  

It's been sunny all day here with just some haze.  Reached my high of the day of 95.2 about an hour ago.  Dew Points have been absolutely ugly between 73 and 75 degrees giving me heat index values between 103 and 108 degrees.  Yuck!  As I finish writing this a little after 5pm it is still 93.4 with a dew point of 73 and a HI of 102!  I enjoyed dew points that never were higher than the low 50's my entire trip with several days down in the 30's and humidities in the 20%'s.  Walking out the doors of the MDT terminal yesterday afternoon was rather painful.  The temp inside my parked car was easily 140 degrees.  Took 5 minutes of opening up everything and running the A/C before we could get in the car without getting burned.  We have leather seats in our Escape.

I wish Elsa's moisture could have reached us directly but I'm hoping for some decent rains between tomorrow and Friday.  See you all later.  :)

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

GFS has been consistently showing a big rain this evening over S/W LSV and it got it right though it ended up a bit more north over Cumberland County or the one in State College now. 

It’s clouding up here in Marysville now, but it looks like the majority of the storm will pass to my Northwest.

CTP thinks the Eastern part our region is in the game for good rain.

Focus shifts to heavy rain potential on Thursday as the approach
of mid/upper trough through the Great Lakes combined with moist
south/southwest flow ahead of TS Elsa continues to raise
concerns about potential heavy rainfall on Thursday. An overall
western trend has continued in model guidance today, raising
some concerns for my far southeastern counties to potentially be on the periphery of heavy rains. There remains uncertainty in how convective bands may setup, leading to low confidence in how far west precip trends will evolve. WPC D2 SLGT risk ERO (2 out of 4)includes the eastern 1/3 of the CWA. We will continue to monitor with heavy rain/ff becoming the primary hazards on
Thursday. As of now, PHI and LWX will be bordering our southeast
counties with Flash Flood Watches as 2 to locally 4" is targeting areas just ESE of my counties.

Increased cloud cover and anticipated widespread shower
activity will shave about 7-10 degrees from recent highs with
fcst maxTs in the mid 70s to mid/upper 80s. It will remain humid with dewpoints holding in the 65-70F range. Latest NHC track takes TS Elsa off the NJ coast by 12Z Friday but the cone of uncertainty has been brought a bit farther to the west so we may see some rain from Elsa clip the southeast.

9 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

A track west of Salisbury ,Md and still nothing nw of 95 . Dry west side of tropical lows disease is real. We need a due north or nnw trajectory to get good remnants here unfortunately.  Occasionally we can score with a remnant low tracking far enough wsw and coming ne riding the Apps .

Was hoping the storm would interact with the front (it still may) to give us "Non Elsa tropical love".  But some depictions on the models are subsidence hell then bone dry for days.   The GFS depicts some people not getting any rain through July 21.  

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Was hoping the storm would interact with the front (it still may) to give us "Non Elsa tropical love".  But some depictions on the models are subsidence hell then bone dry for days.   The GFS depicts some people not getting any rain through July 21.  

Are we putting today?   Saw the hrrr pops some bands up later.   Things really drying out fast