• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

11 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

It was fantastic. Great weather, great time spent outdoors, definitely enjoyed the 4th. Sounds like you did much of the same out on this side of the state.

Edit: oh, and lots of beer.

Indeed.  I put a hurting on our friend's whiskey cache, although not as viciously as I would have in the past.  Having a baby will do that ha.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Indeed.  I put a hurting on our friend's whiskey cache, although not as viciously as I would have in the past.  Having a baby will do that ha.

Sounds like a good enough argument to keep me on the fence. LOL.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

Yeah I'm curious about that too. The center of the storm could still hug the coast on its way up so I guess it depends how big the moisture envelope of Elsa is

CMC just missed but a just miss can be bad if the storm is still somewhat organized...subsidence sends us into a sunny and hot day.

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Time crunched today but 3K Nam really gets Elsa moisture well into the LSV.  Interesting. 

F05A778C-6CF5-409F-B170-31E110747246.jpeg.5dd4a28de156671efeee5d9fac1e2219.jpeg

This map is rain-assisted and well into fantasyland, but I think I needed to see this to get me through a hot day.

I’m in Davenport Florida (outside of Orlando). It has been cloudy all day here and it is just now starting to get breezy. Looks like the outer bands are approaching, but according to radar, I may miss the heaviest rains here. My flight to return home is supposed to be Thursday morning. By then, Elsa is supposed to be in the Carolinas. What are the chances it gets delayed or canceled? 

5 minutes ago, Storm Clouds said:

I’m in Davenport Florida (outside of Orlando). It has been cloudy all day here and it is just now starting to get breezy. Looks like the outer bands are approaching, but according to radar, I may miss the heaviest rains here. My flight to return home is supposed to be Thursday morning. By then, Elsa is supposed to be in the Carolinas. What are the chances it gets delayed or canceled? 

Does your flight have any connections or originations in NC?  Not sure there is too much in the way of delays up the east coast.   This thing is not even going to go below 1000MB

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

I did not check out why but the GFS is still fairly decent temp wise late week and weekend this week, 

Just looking at it now, looks like a period of weak troughing and fairly close to daily rain chances. Nothing extreme, just garden variety summer. 

33 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Does your flight have any connections or originations in NC?  Not sure there is too much in the way of delays up the east coast.   This thing is not even going to go below 1000MB

Nope. No layovers. It is from Orlando/Stanford to MDT.