• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Summer 2021

10 minutes ago, Anduril said:

0.69in in the storm gauge from that storm but I think it would actually be more as I dont have it exactly scientifically sighted or angled :p 

Welp my weather station was slow to update I guess up to .82. Not bad. Highest wind gust recorded was 12mph

35 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Welp I got screwed, some brief intense wind gusts but only scattered big drops. Don’t even need to check the gauge to know it’s shy of .01” ugh. 

about 5-10 min of steady rain here w/ a couple wind gusts.  That was it.  Meh....tv 27 dude was right down here.  Radar off to the west looks to be falling apart over cashtown.

hoping tomorrow does better down here

6 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

about 5-10 min of steady rain here w/ a couple wind gusts.  That was it.  Meh....tv 27 dude was right down here.  Radar off to the west looks to be falling apart over cashtown.

hoping tomorrow does better down here

Good to see you waking from your hibernation and posting here again out of season.

This place has been very active and fun even in the warmer months this year!

• Thanks 1

CTP thinks that plenty of rain is on the way the next 2 days.

Thursday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 11am. High near 79. Calm wind becoming northwest around 6 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible. 
Thursday Night
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Low around 67. Light west wind. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible. 
Friday
Showers likely, with thunderstorms also possible after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 79. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

8 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Caught the northern edge of a line an hour ago riding the m/d line . Got .25" and saw some wicked ass CTG strikes 

We ended up around .10.  Wettened the streets.  The line intensified and pulled north in in Franklin county before it could give me the goods. Cumberland County was the big winner. 

2 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

CTP thinks that plenty of rain is on the way the next 2 days.

Thursday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 11am. High near 79. Calm wind becoming northwest around 6 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible. 
Thursday Night
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Low around 67. Light west wind. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible. 
Friday
Showers likely, with thunderstorms also possible after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 79. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

And Sat.  Last two model run trends are making the ULL a bit more beefy in its output over us.

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Welp I got screwed, some brief intense wind gusts but only scattered big drops. Don’t even need to check the gauge to know it’s shy of .01” ugh. 

Fail me. Just as it looked like the line was congealing just to my west, it abruptly split again. I did not record a single drop of rain. :(  

• Sad 2

Hello all from beautiful Anchorage, Alaska!  It's been a wonderful adventure this past 7 days with 5 more yet to go.  Started in Fairbanks then flew to Anchorage.  Did an incredible 5 hour boat tour of Prince William Sound region around Whittier.  Saw a bunch of glaciers and caught some ice breaking off the front of a glacier and crashing into the water making a huge crashing sound.  We head off to Denali tomorrow via the Alaska railroad. A 7-hour scenic train ride to get us there.  All I can say is Alaska is amazing.  I've never seen such natural beauty.  There's still plenty of snow on many of  the higher peaks so I can enjoy seeing winter even though it's summer.  The sunsets around midnight and rises at 4:30 here in Anchorage.  Amazing to watch the sun set at 11:30pm.  Temps have been mainly in the 60's by day with low humidity (of course) and low 50's at night.

Anyway, I've been having an impossible time keeping up with the 100 new posts every 24 hours.  This is more prolific than in winter.  My station recorded a high temp of 97.5 degrees for the highest of the season so far.  I also picked up 0.47" of rain which sent the temp crashing down to 71 degrees in about an hour.

That's my weather update remotely accessed from Alaska.  Have a good night!

• Like 6

Line of rain looks nice on radar this AM.  A sticky 66 out. 

Lots of reports of .5" or more from South Harrisburg down through Camp Hill and into Cumberland county yesterday.   Have to catch up with those lucky folks.

The HRRR continues to hammer the LSV later this AM as a weak surface low passes just below the Mason Dixon.   Probably some 1-2" totals for those in the right place. 

image.thumb.png.102665cce2e9eb0c9ef6329d1c45cdb4.png

18 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Lots of reports of .5" or more from South Harrisburg down through Camp Hill and into Cumberland county yesterday.   Have to catch up with those lucky folks.

The HRRR continues to hammer the LSV later this AM as a weak surface low passes just below the Mason Dixon.   Probably some 1-2" totals for those in the right place. 

.003 in the Guage yesterday, hoping today provides at least an inch of rain. But I'm not very optimistic about that happening.

46 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Incoming !

7 hours ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Hello all from beautiful Anchorage, Alaska!  It's been a wonderful adventure this past 7 days with 5 more yet to go.  Started in Fairbanks then flew to Anchorage.  Did an incredible 5 hour boat tour of Prince William Sound region around Whittier.  Saw a bunch of glaciers and caught some ice breaking off the front of a glacier and crashing into the water making a huge crashing sound.  We head off to Denali tomorrow via the Alaska railroad. A 7-hour scenic train ride to get us there.  All I can say is Alaska is amazing.  I've never seen such natural beauty.  There's still plenty of snow on many of  the higher peaks so I can enjoy seeing winter even though it's summer.  The sunsets around midnight and rises at 4:30 here in Anchorage.  Amazing to watch the sun set at 11:30pm.  Temps have been mainly in the 60's by day with low humidity (of course) and low 50's at night.

Anyway, I've been having an impossible time keeping up with the 100 new posts every 24 hours.  This is more prolific than in winter.  My station recorded a high temp of 97.5 degrees for the highest of the season so far.  I also picked up 0.47" of rain which sent the temp crashing down to 71 degrees in about an hour.

That's my weather update remotely accessed from Alaska.  Have a good night!

That's awesome Carlisle, sounds like you're having an incredible time!  I always tell people you have to get to Alaska at least once, truly unspeakable levels of beauty.  How cool is Whittier, with the old one lane rail cave being the only way in or out of the town!?  I remember feeling like we were in another world when we came out on the other side with the Caribbean-like turquois waters and the glaciers seemingly emanating right out from the water.  If you get a chance, on the way to or from Denali hit up the small touristy village of Talkeetna, cool place.  You can walk down to the river and get some incredible views of Denali towering over the landscape even though it's like 60 miles away.  The daylight is always wild and it's not like it gets totally dark after sunset haha.  I remember coming out of the bars at like 2am with my wife and it was still plenty light out, like a civil twilight.  Sounds like you are getting nice classic Alaska weather, whereas when we were there they were having a record heat wave in which Anchorage hit 90 for the first time in its history.  I would much rather have what you're having ha.  Anyway, enjoy the rest of your trip and feel free to stop back in and let us know how things are going.  Cheers!

Oh, almost forgot, Hatcher Pass is a place well worth stopping between Anchorage and Talkeetna.  You can swim in a fresh mountain top lake one minute and then just a few steps away play in some snow, stunning.