• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Summer 2021

11 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Hard to believe places that far north into Northern Pa hit 100 . I've worked in Berwick 23 or 24 years ago installing alarm and video surveillance in the banks around there . The town was a massive HS football town back then . 

Last I looked there were 62 reports in PA of hitting 100 on local weather networks.  The east side of Pa was much higher than central and west.   The station in Bloomsburg is still 97 at this moment. 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That's an impressive stat right there...

Depends on how much legitimacy we’re attaching to MDT’s lows. Also depends on whether or not a rogue pop-up storm drops the temp to below 79 sometime before midnight, because I don’t see any way that happens without one.

• Like 1

From the Eastern Region HQ...

For the 3rd day in a row Lytton, British Columbia has set a new record high temperature for all of Canada. Data is preliminary, but at 4 pm PDT, Lytton was 49.4C (and up to 49.5 at 420 pm PDT), or 121F. This is 4.5C or 8F higher than the record that had stood for nearly 84 years.

10 minutes ago, Voyager said:

For the 3rd day in a row Lytton, British Columbia has set a new record high temperature for all of Canada. Data is preliminary, but at 4 pm PDT, Lytton was 49.4C (and up to 49.5 at 420 pm PDT), or 121F. This is 4.5C or 8F higher than the record that had stood for nearly 84 years.

That’s truly record shattering!

29 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Lol…That’s an understatement!

I know that some people think that many of us on here are crazy for liking cold & snow….but how can anyone say that they honestly enjoy weather as hot & humid as today?

I do...lol

28 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Congrats!?!

Of course! 

Three big lightning strikes within two minutes in just about the same location here in Williamsport, seen from my spot on the couch across from the window.  

Very unusual.  I usually have to go out on the porch or peer out the upstairs windows to see lightening.  It is coming to me tonight.

I see we have a Heat Advisory now for tomorrow from noon to 7.  I didn't expect that since Wednesday will be a bit cooler than today and yesterday, when we had no advisories.

US National Weather Service Eastern Region HQ

That is IMPRESSIVE!!

7 hours ago, KPITSnow said:

Whoever likes this weather and cheers on 90+ degree days with 99% humidity should be forced to pay my electric bill since my AC can barely keep up with this. 

I really hope this is the worst stretch all summer.

No one here does it at the cost of other around them.  That is another forum were people are uncaring of your A/C. Ha.   I am in the same boat.    A/C has trouble keeping the house a constant temp.