• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

He'll be less thrilled that I got nothing. :)  

Future radar lights you up in the 8-10PM time frame.  I am not silly enough to know it can be counted on that much but if there is not quite a bit of shower activity on the East Shore a bit later tonight I am not hitting the future radar link ever again.

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Future radar lights you up in the 8-10PM time frame.  I am not silly enough to know it can be counted on that much but if there is not quite a bit of shower activity on the East Shore a bit later tonight I am not hitting the future radar link ever again.

This is what became of what I was hoping would produce. I guess this could still pulse and hit the Mt Joy Snowman, but skies are clearing here again now. 

image.thumb.png.6d988e4db7283e65c29b33cd559b4529.png

12 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

This is the only thread on AmericanWx where the term “Palouse” has ever been used, but our resident Palouse expert @Mount Joy Snowman used the syntax “on the Palouse”, so we’ll go with that.

We are getting way off topic here but they do not joke about the Palouse out west.  Here is a button promoting a lynching.

Oregon Ducks 2007 Noose The Palouse Washington State Spirit Pin Pinback Button

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

We are getting way off topic here but they do not joke about the Palouse out west.  Here is a button promoting a lynching.

The University of Oregon could be in big trouble if that button they made 14 years ago goes viral. Well maybe they didn’t make it, maybe it was Bi-Mart (whatever the heck that is) or the Oregon Community Credit Union.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, canderson said:

Up to 94. HI is 99. It’s toasty. 

I went back 20 more years to 1980 and 1994 is a major competitor to holding off this June as the hottest ever at MDT.  May need @Jns2183 to see if he has stats back father sans me going through them one at a time.  1994 was 3.7 above normal which is probably more than 2021 will end up and  as there are only 3 days left to skew it up.  So guessing 2021 will end up being top 5 but not hottest June ever.  June 9.1994 had a high of 80 and a low of 48 which is a big split for these parts.

4 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

There hasn’t been a rain drop within ~100 miles of MDT today. I think you can safely ignore that future radar.  

16 minutes ago, canderson said:

There hasn’t been a rain drop within ~100 miles of MDT today. I think you can safely ignore that future radar.  

I assumed as such but putting it in writing made me follow it.  I was never a believer in it but when I looked into a few weeks ago it did great.  With that said it actually rained quite a bit today  not far to your south in the mid afternoon but that was not Future radar's time slot for the rain so no credit there.  LOL.  Parts of/near Pine Grove Furnace park had over 1" today. 

16 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I assumed as such but putting it in writing made me follow it.  I was never a believer in it but when I looked into a few weeks ago it did great.  With that said it actually rained quite a bit today  not far to your south in the mid afternoon but that was not Future radar's time slot for the rain so no credit there.  LOL.  Parts of/near Pine Grove Furnace park had over 1" today. 

Yep, several locations in the southern tier counties had some rain.

• Like 1

Heat advisory posted.

Dauphin-Lebanon-York-Lancaster-
Including the cities of Harrisburg, Hershey, Lebanon, York,
and Lancaster
1035 PM EDT Mon Jun 28 2021

...HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM TO 7 PM EDT TUESDAY...

* WHAT...Heat index values of 100 to 104 expected.

* WHERE...Dauphin, Lebanon, York and Lancaster Counties.

* WHEN...From 11 AM to 7 PM EDT Tuesday.

* IMPACTS...Hot temperatures and high humidity may cause heat
  illnesses to occur.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Excessive heat can be life-threatening
  among at-risk populations, such as children, the elderly, and
  those with pre-existing health conditions.

As I left the library today I told the young employees that I could not imagine it being 20 degrees higher here today in Williamsport like it was in Portland and Seattle.  Their mouths turned into big Os as I told them I had looked it up: both of these cities were predicted by Wunderground to hit 114 today and I saw a headline at the Washington Post mention Canada had hit 114.  I don't know when or if Portland and Seattle actually hit 114.  I see that Portland is still 99 and Seattle is 105.

I am sitting here cranky and done with the heat already.  I wish I could have taken the Library's cool air home with me like a book.  

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That is some serious rains.  CMC like. 

Took my pump down to the creek to pump water to my garden with several sprinklers (which is a very big one some people call it a field) I might have to keep an eye on things and be reaady to bring it back up. and instead of low water I might have to worry about floodingig and wiping my garden out. If the rain doesn't all come at once i'll be fine.

13 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Took my pump down to the creek to pump water to my garden with several sprinklers (which is a very big one some people call it a field) I might have to keep an eye on things and be reaady to bring it back up. and instead of low water I might have to worry about floodingig and wiping my garden out. If the rain doesn't all come at once i'll be fine.

Yea, that is too much over a shortish time frame.   The ULL low on the new EC is even slower (as Losetoa6 said) and dug more so it is now under us and puts us in the path of big rains as impulses come at us from the S/W Fri-Sun.