• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

How is it that thunderstorms can cross every damn mountain range and valley in PA until they get to I-81 or PA-61? There was a pretty good line coming into the Pottsville area, with flood warnings for Pine Grove and Ravine, and as it approaches it does what they always do. Break apart.

I still haven't figured out what kills good storms before they get to Tamaqua.

Feel bad for the Sixers fans on here.  Did not deserve that loss.  Trae Young was nervous and mostly choked the entire game with short arming shots.  Just needed Ben Simmons to be a decent player on the offensive side and he was not.  Saw this quote from Embid which foretells a change is needed as he threw Simmons under the bus.

“I’ll be honest,” said Embiid, who scored 31 points on 11-of-21 shooting from the field. “I thought the turning point was when we — I don’t know how to say it — is when we had an open shot and we made one free throw.”

3 hours ago, sauss06 said:

1 1/2" last evening. it flat out dumped

You had rain last night??? That much?

Not a drop here - I wasn't home but my wife said it never even looked like rain.

29 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Heading to Baltimore baseball game this afternoon, well the game starts at 7, the drinking at Pickles starts at 3. Hope we don't get a storm there. 

Have fun Jon!

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Feel bad for the Sixers fans on here.  Did not deserve that loss.  Trae Young was nervous and mostly choked the entire game with short arming shots.  Just needed Ben Simmons to be a decent player on the offensive side and he was not.  Saw this quote from Embid which foretells a change is needed as he threw Simmons under the bus.

“I’ll be honest,” said Embiid, who scored 31 points on 11-of-21 shooting from the field. “I thought the turning point was when we — I don’t know how to say it — is when we had an open shot and we made one free throw.”

Brutal night. Not totally unexpected. Simmons was embarrassing, and I have been a big supporter of him even when most had already turned on him. He lost all confidence in his ability. Shame it happened.

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

You had rain last night??? That much?

Not a drop here - I wasn't home but my wife said it never even looked like rain.

Have fun Jon!

Yes, it dumped. It looked like a river coming down the street. It rained so hard, i literally could not see the firehouse across the street. 

Thank you, i'm sure we will. We always do. 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Brutal night. Not totally unexpected. Simmons was embarrassing, and I have been a big supporter of him even when most had already turned on him. He lost all confidence in his ability. Shame it happened.

I read an unsubstantiated tweet that that quoted Magic Johnson saying Simmons cannot ever go back in the Sixers locker room.  Seems a bit overkill.  Simmons has great stats but shrank this series for some reason.  His excuse that he thought Galo would block him as to why "The Pass" happened does not hold water.   Has to get better on FT's. 

35 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Just about to hit 90 at MDT.  If any clouds and rain chances hold off until late do we get a 95 mark? 

SPC upgraded you guys to enhanced risk on their 1630z update, so every degree warmer increases the danger.

17 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

SPC upgraded you guys to enhanced risk on their 1630z update, so every degree warmer increases the danger.

Interesting.  Models are not picking up on it too much yet.  Just scattered.  We need to score today or tomorrow Am or we are in a bona fide Level 0 drought with no rain for days afterwards.  Very scattered line later today.

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Interesting.  Models are not picking up on it too much yet.  Just scattered.  We need to score today or tomorrow Am or we are in a bona fide Level 0 drought with no rain for days afterwards.  Very scattered line later today.

Yeah doesn’t look like a widespread rain event anywhere.