• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 20th, 2021 Severe Weather Event

7 minutes ago, KoalaBeer said:

Not to be critical but anyone want to explain how there is a severe thunderstorm watch in place instead of a tornado watch when I’m looking at this on radar? Regardless hope you are all safe out there. 

43E51175-7D1B-4E0B-9B21-CA0AD6B2506B.jpeg

A tornado or two is possible in the watch language, low probs for tornadoes and sig tors.  I assume the trained expert at SPC, based on the best tools and guidance available to him or her, did not expect many tornadoes from a QLCS.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ed, snow and hurricane fan said:

A tornado or two is possible in the watch language, low probs for tornadoes and sig tors.  I assume the trained expert at SPC, based on the best tools and guidance available to him or her, did not expect many tornadoes from a QLCS.

That’s perfectly fine, but in this day and age its not all to hard to upgrade to a tornado watch when looking at trends. Especially when issuing a new watch probably pushes a new notification to most people’s phones increasing awareness. Again not trying to be overly critical of people much smarter then me, but I think a TOR watch is well warranted especially with the nocturnal threat. 

How many members of the general public are looking at the probabilities and mesoscale discussions?