• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer Banter 2021

doncat

Interesting report on Eyewitness News about asthma and pollution rates and lack of tree canopy in minority communities in the city.  Minority communities only have an average of 17% tree canopy vs other communities that have 23% tree canopy.  This also leads to higher rates of heat deaths in these communities.  The goal is to achieve 30% tree canopy over the entire city by 2035.

i would like to clarify some "facts" the MSM left wing liberal lamestream bleedia has been circulating about me in recent weeks

first and foremost--i really do live in Piscataway, the world's worst place.  there are ten traffic lights within 50 feet of my door and they are always red.

secondly, i have been infected by zika virus at least 5 times due to the mosquito pools that build in this endless suburban wasteland of 76F dew points and strange people that are physically incapable of waving hello to you when you pass them by

thirdly, help

fourthly, i hate it here

fifthly, i hate it here

sixthly, i hate it here

i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here 

eighthly, my favorite weather is whatever it will kill me so i don't have to live in Piscataway anymore

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Will - Rutgers said:

i would like to clarify some "facts" the MSM left wing liberal lamestream bleedia has been circulating about me in recent weeks

first and foremost--i really do live in Piscataway, the world's worst place.  there are ten traffic lights within 50 feet of my door and they are always red.

secondly, i have been infected by zika virus at least 5 times due to the mosquito pools that build in this endless suburban wasteland of 76F dew points and strange people that are physically incapable of waving hello to you when you pass them by

thirdly, help

fourthly, i hate it here

fifthly, i hate it here

sixthly, i hate it here

i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here i hate it here 

eighthly, my favorite weather is whatever it will kill me so i don't have to live in Piscataway anymore

hey...I buy my train stuff in Piscataway...

8 hours ago, Will - Rutgers said:

thirdly, help

fourthly, i hate it here

fifthly, i hate it here

sixthly, i hate it here

i like all the people who go 27 mph on stelton

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

9 hours ago, Will - Rutgers said:

thirdly, help

fourthly, i hate it here

fifthly, i hate it here

sixthly, i hate it here

Will, if your not related to Mel Brooks you have to be an heir apparent. I, for one, anticipate and look forward to your production of Young forky and the History Of Piscataway, part 0. Might be difficult to cast. I can’t imagine forky having anything to do with a berg that has the word ‘cat’ as part of its name. Stay well, I’m going to amuse myself by walking faster than cars trying to navigate the latest construction/repair nightmare on the BQE. As always ….

• Like 1

Just be happy that you guys have never had to deal with the traffic lights in Long Beach.;)

https://patch.com/new-york/longbeach/nassau-has-some-new-yorks-worst-intersections-report

NASSAU COUNTY, NY — A report released last month by an analytics firm found that Nassau County is home to some of the worse traffic intersections in the state. Long Island drivers routinely lose thousands of hours every day stuck at these lights, the report found.

The report was a study conducted by INRIX, a Washington state-based company that studies traffic and transit patterns. The company released the U.S. Signals Scorecard, which it says is the first nationwide analysis of individual traffic lights and intersections. 

The company analyzed GPS data from cars from Oct. 4 through 10, 2020 to complete the report. It used anonymous GPS data from cars and smart phones to find how many cars stopped at the more than 210,000 intersections it profiled, and how long the cars remained there.

INRIX studied 18,560 signals in New York — the second-most in the country. It found that Nassau County ranked fourth in the number of traffic signals in the state, after Kings, Queens and New York counties.

The study found that the second-worst intersection in the state is located in Long Beach, where Long Beach Boulevard meets East Park Avenue. In total, drivers at the intersection lose, on average, 1,046 hours per day waiting at the light. The intersection also had more stops than any other in the state, with more than 69,000.

For comparison, the worst intersection is Atlantic Avenue and Fourth Avenue in Brooklyn, where the average time lost is 1,086 hours.

In fact, Nassau County has five of the top 10 worst intersections in the state — more than any other county. 

Here at the 10 worst intersections in the state, according to INRIX.

1. Atlantic Avenue and Fourth Avenue, Kings County: 1,086 daily hours lost.
  2. Long Beach Boulevard and East Park Avenue, Nassau County: 1,046 daily hours lost.
  3. Pennsylvania Avenue and Atlantic Avenue, Kings County: 979 daily hours lost.
  4. Tillary Street and Flatbush Avenue, Kings County: 938 daily hours lost.
  5. North Hempstead Turnpike and Glen Cove Road, Nassau County: 926 daily hours lost.
  6. Major Deegan Expressway and E 128th Street, Bronx County: 821 daily hours lost.
  7. Thomson Avenue and Van Dam Street, Queens County: 789 daily hours lost.
  8. Searingtown Road and Northern Boulevard, Nassau County: 756 daily hours lost.
  9. West Sunrise Highway and South Central Avenue, Nassau County: 750 daily hours lost.
  10. North Wantagh Avenue and Hempstead Turnpike, Nassau County: 748 daily hours lost.

4 hours ago, bluewave said:

Just be happy that you guys have never had to deal with the traffic lights in Long Beach.;)

https://patch.com/new-york/longbeach/nassau-has-some-new-yorks-worst-intersections-report

NASSAU COUNTY, NY — A report released last month by an analytics firm found that Nassau County is home to some of the worse traffic intersections in the state. Long Island drivers routinely lose thousands of hours every day stuck at these lights, the report found.

The report was a study conducted by INRIX, a Washington state-based company that studies traffic and transit patterns. The company released the U.S. Signals Scorecard, which it says is the first nationwide analysis of individual traffic lights and intersections. 

The company analyzed GPS data from cars from Oct. 4 through 10, 2020 to complete the report. It used anonymous GPS data from cars and smart phones to find how many cars stopped at the more than 210,000 intersections it profiled, and how long the cars remained there.

INRIX studied 18,560 signals in New York — the second-most in the country. It found that Nassau County ranked fourth in the number of traffic signals in the state, after Kings, Queens and New York counties.

The study found that the second-worst intersection in the state is located in Long Beach, where Long Beach Boulevard meets East Park Avenue. In total, drivers at the intersection lose, on average, 1,046 hours per day waiting at the light. The intersection also had more stops than any other in the state, with more than 69,000.

For comparison, the worst intersection is Atlantic Avenue and Fourth Avenue in Brooklyn, where the average time lost is 1,086 hours.

In fact, Nassau County has five of the top 10 worst intersections in the state — more than any other county. 

Here at the 10 worst intersections in the state, according to INRIX.

1. Atlantic Avenue and Fourth Avenue, Kings County: 1,086 daily hours lost.
  2. Long Beach Boulevard and East Park Avenue, Nassau County: 1,046 daily hours lost.
  3. Pennsylvania Avenue and Atlantic Avenue, Kings County: 979 daily hours lost.
  4. Tillary Street and Flatbush Avenue, Kings County: 938 daily hours lost.
  5. North Hempstead Turnpike and Glen Cove Road, Nassau County: 926 daily hours lost.
  6. Major Deegan Expressway and E 128th Street, Bronx County: 821 daily hours lost.
  7. Thomson Avenue and Van Dam Street, Queens County: 789 daily hours lost.
  8. Searingtown Road and Northern Boulevard, Nassau County: 756 daily hours lost.
  9. West Sunrise Highway and South Central Avenue, Nassau County: 750 daily hours lost.
  10. North Wantagh Avenue and Hempstead Turnpike, Nassau County: 748 daily hours lost.

lol...come to Staten Island...the whole area suks...

14 hours ago, uncle W said:

hey...I buy my train stuff in Piscataway...

you know, if anyone on this board was a train guy, i would've guessed you, uncle.  maybe bluewave too :)

12 hours ago, forkyfork said:

i like all the people who go 27 mph on stelton

11 hours ago, winterwx21 said:

Stelton Road has to be one of the worst roads in the entire country. Hate it with a passion.

my favorite part of Stelton is the railroad crossing with three lights within maybe an eighth of a mile of each other.  i'm not gonna bore everyone but there's like fifty things f'd up about that area, there's an abrupt left turn-only lane that screws up everyone, borderline suicidal traffic patterns, and to top it all off there's that Raceway gas station that's sitting 30 feet from a yield sign everyone ignores.  it's completely bonkers how many shitty elements of traffic design are in one place.

11 hours ago, rclab said:

Will, if your not related to Mel Brooks you have to be an heir apparent. I, for one, anticipate and look forward to your production of Young forky and the History Of Piscataway, part 0. Might be difficult to cast. I can’t imagine forky having anything to do with a berg that has the word ‘cat’ as part of its name. Stay well, I’m going to amuse myself by walking faster than cars trying to navigate the latest construction/repair nightmare on the BQE. As always ….

love you bb <3

forky can only play himself, this is known

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bluewave said:

Does anyone know why the threads are different widths? Some threads open all the way across and others have a narrower format. Is there a hidden setting to give all threads the wider look?

FE579574-7177-4F69-A8C0-6FA2606710EF.thumb.jpeg.2418a036839cb5d1677d0eba437b6372.jpeg
424C3D91-B2F9-4CC9-8FA6-ED4F4AFB4826.thumb.jpeg.3c312ff07f8f28ac060ee508ba95734f.jpeg

I haven't noticed this. Everything is as wide as I allow it to be when I set my browser width with my mouse cursor.

5 hours ago, bluewave said:

Maybe it’s due to us accessing the board  from different devices and operating systems. I noticed the narrower threads appearing after the big update. Some threads have gone back to full format in recent weeks. But others are narrower with empty space in the right third of the page.

ugh I see it now right in this thread lol.  Maybe it has to do with the "top posters in this thread" panel? Maybe that needs to be gotten rid of.

On 8/30/2021 at 7:41 AM, bluewave said:

Does anyone know why the threads are different widths? Some threads open all the way across and others have a narrower format. Is there a hidden setting to give all threads the wider look?

FE579574-7177-4F69-A8C0-6FA2606710EF.thumb.jpeg.2418a036839cb5d1677d0eba437b6372.jpeg
424C3D91-B2F9-4CC9-8FA6-ED4F4AFB4826.thumb.jpeg.3c312ff07f8f28ac060ee508ba95734f.jpeg

Idk.  But on mobile this button changes the look.

Screenshot_20210831-184421_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rjay said:

@bluewave. If the problem continues let me know and I will figure it out. 

Thanks. I think that setting you highlighted when a new thread is started determines what format the thread will be.  So I guess it’s up to the thread starter as to how wide the columns will be. I just noticed that the various threads have different looks.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Thanks. I think that setting you highlighted when a new thread is started determines what format the thread will be.  So I guess it’s up to the thread starter as to how wide the columns will be. I just noticed that the various threads have different looks.

Hmmm.  I will ask our IT guy.  He's mia often though. 

• Rjay unpinned this topic