Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer Banter 2021

doncat

9 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

That was one of my favorite fall days because it was a nice dry heat.  It can get to 90 like that on a one and done day after Labor Day weekend, but to see three straight days of that is pretty rare.  After the first week of September anyway.

One of your favorite ‘fall’ days when when it hit 90…got it. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

One of your favorite ‘fall’ days when when it hit 90…got it. 

Technically fall only starts on the equinox.  The first three weeks of September are definitely part of summer.

Never understood lazy mets who try to redefine seasons by when a month ends rather than actual astronomical events which is how seasons should always be defined.

2 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

This is our new normal. We'll get periodic cool downs over the next 6 weeks but we're still a long way off from true fallish weather 

It's why we need to start drying up the oceans.  Get it down to about 50% ocean and 50% land and we'll fix all our sea level rise problems and all this yucky humidity and free up more land for people to live on (to support our growing population.)  What to do with all the excess water?  Use it and keep recycling it.

How tf to get rid of horse flies?  After the big deluge and now the heat, I see mobs of horse flies in my yard and some of them have found their way inside the house.  I spray RAID and bleach everywhere or use the vacuum to suck them in, but more keep coming.  How to permanently eradicate these pests?  I dont even have any food lying around, I dont get why they are coming.  I'm about to spray chemicals into my pond outside (it has no fish in it) to eradicate any insects that might use it for breeding or whatever.

14 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

This is our new normal. We'll get periodic cool downs over the next 6 weeks but we're still a long way off from true fallish weather 

Wasn't he just saying it's been a cool summer?  Or am I getting him confused with other posters?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Rjay said:

Wasn't he just saying it's been a cool summer?  Or am I getting him confused with other posters?

His brain got mugged by all the humidity.....he does this in the Yankee thread too.  Thinks they are going to win the world series in one post and thinks they won't make the playoffs in the very next post.

• Rjay unpinned this topic