Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer Banter 2021

doncat

On 8/12/2021 at 5:28 PM, uncle W said:

Good morning Unc. I took a ride to the old Red Hook Fairway location, this am. (now Food Bazaar) the photos are all that’s left of the beginning of a Red Hook street car resurrection plan over 20 years ago. Naturally our beloved city (politics) flubbed the opportunity. What could have been an enduring, affordable, environmentally friendly and an alternative to a massive subway project was passed over. Of course our own Mayor resurrected his own trolly plan. Considering the source the result of that endeavor was not unexpected. Below are photos of all, to my knowledge, that is left of a dream. Car 3303, ‘No Stops’ ever again. As always…

B025EE52-B528-4F32-92BE-57CAB9BF32C3.jpeg

44CF1437-BAB9-4B2E-8235-171762C3E677.jpeg

7B84EFAF-FD42-4DCC-B056-8B8A39316D80.jpeg

FF0AFD74-2B73-48DA-B1BD-F445B167BEDA.jpeg

6FCC32E5-01C7-4F09-846B-8513E9ADDC37.jpeg

DC3A1B7A-3B00-45D8-BA10-F22A6A62FE26.jpeg

50459FD6-1914-41D8-A411-3829269F37F0.jpeg

C063AF60-A091-46F1-AF3D-B26AB2FCF402.jpeg

21BB1E9A-E588-4E91-B98F-2E1E7638A73F.jpeg

D6F1ED8F-5CFA-483A-B677-A634D333FCB2.jpeg

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Cool stuff.  Over 4' of snow fell in parts of Brazil.

But last month was the warmest month on record across the globe.  This guy is super weird.  

Good afternoon Rjay. I guess this means caffein withdrawal for many of us. This gentleman, by his looks, could have been former President Clinton’s younger brother. As always …. 

1 hour ago, Rjay said:

Cool stuff.  Over 4' of snow fell in parts of Brazil.

But last month was the warmest month on record across the globe.  This guy is super weird.  

That just means Brazilian coffee will be almost as expensive as the Hawaiian shit my wife orders. 

2 hours ago, BxEngine said:

That just means Brazilian coffee will be almost as expensive as the Hawaiian shit my wife orders. 

Just switch to the African Robusta coffees, they are more potent as well as cheaper.

The Hawaiian Konas are sinfully expensive, but if you can afford the Peaberry, go for it, you only live once.

2 hours ago, BxEngine said:

Hawaiian coffee is the worst, over hyped, pile of trash. The best coffee comes from Ethiopia, for now at least. Climate Change could destroy that... though.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

2 hours ago, Nibor said:

Hawaiian coffee is the worst, over hyped, pile of trash. The best coffee comes from Ethiopia, for now at least. Climate Change could destroy that... though.

I'd like to hire the PR team that convinced everyone Kona is good.

Hard to go wrong with pretty much any Indonesian bean... Sumatra and Sulawesi are staples in my cupboard. I've also been getting into Nicaraguan lately. It's bright, but not light-bodied like most coffees people describe as "bright." Really good in the summertime.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

I'd like to hire the PR team that convinced everyone Kona is good.

Hard to go wrong with pretty much any Indonesian bean... Sumatra and Sulawesi are staples in my cupboard. I've also been getting into Nicaraguan lately. It's bright, but not light-bodied like most coffees people describe as "bright." Really good in the summertime.

I love anything that comes from the Yirgacheffe or Guji Regions of Ethiopia. The first time I had a single origin from Yirgacheffe and tasted blueberries my mind was blown. Didn't know coffee was "supposed" to taste that way. I've had similar experiences with coffees from Kenya, Burundi, and Rwanda. Any coffee that gives fruit notes is an instant winner for me.

I know this sounds pretentious but I had a $20 espresso of Geisha grown in Panama that I don't know will ever be topped. Still can't believe the clarity of that coffee. 

• Like 1

• Rjay unpinned this topic