Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 minute ago, wolfie09 said:

WUNIDS_map - 2021-08-29T211922.787.gif

Storms over southern Ontario, shocker. Seems like storms there every time I check the radar over the last week. Let’s see how the lake manages to shred anything here. Also…apologies to Sizzle Cuse but BUF has had quite the run of highest temps in the state lately. 80 right now, highest in the state I think. Interesting how the lake has managed to block all rain/storms here in this recent hot stretch but has done nothing to cool temps at BUF. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Storms over southern Ontario, shocker. Seems like storms there every time I check the radar over the last week. Let’s see how the lake manages to shred anything here. Also…apologies to Sizzle Cuse but BUF has had quite the run of highest temps in the state lately. 80 right now, highest in the state I think. Interesting how the lake has managed to block all rain/storms here in this recent hot stretch but has done nothing to cool temps at BUF. 

Just how I like it.

After this, the remnants of Ida will track across the mid-Atlantic
states around Wednesday. Model guidance continues to show strong
high pressure to our north will keep the tropical remnants to the
south of the forecast area, but there will be a very sharp gradient
with significant rainfall possible just south of the NY/PA state
line. There`s little doubt that most of the area will remain rain-
free, with a small chance the Western Southern Tier will get clipped
by some rain Wednesday. Otherwise, there will be a cool
northeasterly flow due to the pressure gradient between the strong
high pressure system and the remnant low passing to our south and
east. High temperatures will only range from the upper 60s to lower
70s on Wednesday.

&&

.LONG TERM /WEDNESDAY THROUGH SUNDAY/...
An upper level trough across New England on Thursday will slide
east with a ridge building across the lower Great Lakes through
Friday. Meanwhile, surface high pressure will drift east across
the area which will provide a continuation of dry weather. It
will be cooler, but generally comfortable, with highs ranging
from the upper 60s to mid 70s Thursday and Friday.

Over the weekend, a shortwave will dig across Ontario province with
a series of weak frontal boundaries potentially crossing the region.
There`s some model disagreement if there will be a warm frontal
passage ahead of a cold front or just a cold front. Either way,
Saturday should be mainly rain-free with just a small chance for
showers Saturday night and Sunday. It will be slightly warmer, with
highs in the 70s over the weekend. There`s some potential it could
be 5 degrees warmer (or cooler) than forecast depending on the
progression of the warm front.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

We might have a chance with these tonight!  But fizzle fizzle still on the table.

1 hour ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Here it comes…

D50D36BC-8C4C-4E0B-A3AA-633EF80F6872.gif

We had a nice downpour for 15-20 minutes. My Tempest estimates that 0.45 inches of rain fell between midnight and 12:45, almost all of it between 12:10 and 12:30. Some decent lightning as well. Not long lived, but much better than the vanishing storms of the last few weeks.

5 hours ago, WNash said:

We had a nice downpour for 15-20 minutes. My Tempest estimates that 0.45 inches of rain fell between midnight and 12:45, almost all of it between 12:10 and 12:30. Some decent lightning as well. Not long lived, but much better than the vanishing storms of the last few weeks.

How wet is the ground out there?  Are you also having an extremely wet summer?

4 hours ago, winter_rules said:

How wet is the ground out there?  Are you also having an extremely wet summer?

Not in the least - I’m in Buffalo, a stones’ throw from South Campus. We are in the lake shadow, and have missed most of the rain this summer.

I feel like this summer definitely felt warm, not as warm as last year but certainly not average. June was quite warm and while July was below average its our warmest month on average, and August was a scorcher. While high temps were not overly above average, overnight lows were very high all summer and humidity levels were higher than normal. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I feel like this summer definitely felt warm, not as warm as last year but certainly not average. June was quite warm and while July was below average its our warmest month on average, and August was a scorcher. While high temps were not overly above average, overnight lows were very high all summer and humidity levels were higher than normal. 

Oh, come on...stop using the word "warm." It was HOT. Period.

:lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I wish I kept statistics to back it up, but this summer definitely felt more hot, muggy, and wet than any summer I can recall in our area. It seems like if it wasn’t raining (often heavy), it was 80s-90s and super humid.  

Ironically, it was in the low 70s and cloudy both Saturday and Sunday and it felt great.  Still humid but we were finally able to play some outside games at parties without misery.  I can’t wait for the cooler and drier air this weekend!  Looking forward to fall-like weather and will probably have a bonfire to celebrate! 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, winter_rules said:

I wish I kept statistics to back it up, but this summer definitely felt more hot, muggy, and wet than any summer I can recall in our area. It seems like if it wasn’t raining (often heavy), it was 80s-90s and super humid.  

Ironically, it was in the low 70s and cloudy both Saturday and Sunday and it felt great.  Still humid but we were finally able to play some outside games at parties without misery.  I can’t wait for the cooler and drier air this weekend!  Looking forward to fall-like weather and will probably have a bonfire to celebrate! 

Yes, saw Skynyrd at SPAC Saturday night and the weather was delightful. 

45 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

With all the rain this summer, grass growth has been insane. Completely over mowing and mowing and mowing.

I have to mow my lawn twice a week, I mowed it this past Friday and gonna head out soon to mow it again. It's almost like someone put miracle grow on it Haha. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Revracer800 said:

I have to mow my lawn twice a week, I mowed it this past Friday and gonna head out soon to mow it again. It's almost like someone put miracle grow on it Haha. 

I just mowed last night because it already needed it and it would be a mess later this week if I didn’t.  It’s like peak May growing season in August! 

4 hours ago, winter_rules said:

Without question, August has seen brutal humidity. I am so glad to see the end of it.

396C9BEE-3452-45B9-B1AC-9743E51CDF5A.png

• Like 6