• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

NWS lowered forecasted temps all week with Sunday being the only day in the 80s..Last 3 days of the forecast period 70-72 with DPs in the 50s, my kind of weather..

Expansive high pressure will extend from Hudson Bay to the Great
Lakes region during the period. This will provide generally fair
weather, and a refreshing change in the air mass with dew points
dropping into the 50s and daytime highs in the 70s during the latter
half of the week. Overall good model agreement with above average
forecast confidence. The only potential concern is Wednesday when
tropical remnants will pass nearby to our south and east and could
potentially clip southern portions of the forecast area. However,
the majority of model guidance keeps our area rain-free with this
risk relatively low.

47 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Sizzle Sizzle..

Not much of a front huh? Lol

Dewpoints did lower about 7°-10° which is something I guess..Hit 83° earlier, down a degree since..

Screenshot_20210827-161323.png

namussfc18wbg (1).gif

Yup, I wasn't going to say anything earlier, because we already know how I feel...lol....but since you mention it, check out the hellmouth that is Sizzlecuse. :lmao:

And...it just went up again to 86 degrees! It's insane!

• Haha 1

We just got home from Iceland.

Amazing place to visit if you love being outdoors, hiking, and beautiful scenery unlike anything else you have ever seen.

We saw lava erupting out of the active volcano.

Here's a shot of a really cool cloud that was rolling in continuously from the fjord to our right, then dissipating as it went down the valley and then got lifted by the mountains.

IMG_2374.jpg

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, cny rider said:

Amazing place to visit if you love being outdoors, hiking, and beautiful scenery unlike anything else you have ever seen.

Here's a shot of a really cool cloud that was rolling in continuously from the fjord to our right, then dissipating as it went down the valley and then got lifted by the mountains.

IMG_2374.jpg

I can’t wait to get there. We were supposed to this year but canceled because of covid. Pain in the ass getting there when you can’t fly out of Toronto. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cny rider said:

IMG_2374.jpg

Iceland remains my all time favorite trip. So diverse, around every corner is a breathtaking view. I would love to go back in winter to see the northern lights. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeltaT13 said:

I know its a bit early and dramatic but this setup in the Gulf is ideal for explosive deepening. I have to think a cat 5 is fully on the table at this point.  I'd be getting the F out of NOLA ASAP.  

If it goes far enough west it may spare New Orleans. Laura was a cat 5 last year and didn’t have too much damage. 

34 minutes ago, Luke_Mages said:

I can’t wait to get there. We were supposed to this year but canceled because of covid. Pain in the ass getting there when you can’t fly out of Toronto. 

We drove to Newark for the direct flight.

Some hassles involved now with getting tested here, and then getting tested there so you can get back in to the US but it all went smoothly for us.

When you get the opportunity again go for it!  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Iceland remains my all time favorite trip. So diverse, around every corner is a breathtaking view. I would love to go back in winter to see the northern lights. 

The lights are just starting to be visible now at the end of August.

Unfortunately we did not have any clear nights while we were there.

The way their photoperiod changes this time of year is remarkable.

We were there for 11 days and in that time they lost about an hour of daylight.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DeltaT13 said:

I know its a bit early and dramatic but this setup in the Gulf is ideal for explosive deepening. I have to think a cat 5 is fully on the table at this point.  I'd be getting the F out of NOLA ASAP.  

Totally agree. The only thing is timing of an eyewall replacement. Since this is deepening earlier, it might happen closer to the coast and knock it down to cat 4 when it hits. We shall see. 

1 hour ago, cny rider said:

We drove to Newark for the direct flight.

Some hassles involved now with getting tested here, and then getting tested there so you can get back in to the US but it all went smoothly for us.

When you get the opportunity again go for it!  

I'm interested in how your traveling there went. How are they handling Covid? What were your experiences?

Cold front that came through today returns as a warm front sometime this weekend, possible heat advisories Sunday..

Meanwhile temperatures will
continue to range above normal and together with the higher humidity
could lead to another round of heat advisories on Sunday.

Another CF approaches Monday which should give us a pleasant week for the most part..

99fndfd_init_2021082712.gif

wpcwx+frontsf072 (5).gif