• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

14 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

We plan to mainly be hiking during day, but looking for places to eat or any must sees.

The bunnery in town had awesome breakfast. Jackson hole buffalo meat company had some different exotic meats and beef jerky if you like that.

You can ride the gondola at Jackson hole mtn resort to the top of the tetons(I forget which peak) that’s a pretty amazing view. You can roam around up there or hike back down if you want. There’s a Waffle Bar at the top.10,??? Ft

I love flying into there as you fly in right against the mtns, so if you can swing it id suggest a right hand side window seat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Picked up a surprising 1.42" of liquid, pretty much ending now..Puts us just under 11.5" for the month..

Screenshot_20210729-172943.png

I'm at 9.59" for July as of this a.m.  probably fall just shy of 10" as today and Sat look dry.  Only picked up 0.35" yday despite the All Day Rain.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Polarbear said:

The bunnery in town had awesome breakfast. Jackson hole buffalo meat company had some different exotic meats and beef jerky if you like that.

You can ride the gondola at Jackson hole mtn resort to the top of the tetons(I forget which peak) that’s a pretty amazing view. You can roam around up there or hike back down if you want. There’s a Waffle Bar at the top.10,??? Ft

I love flying into there as you fly in right against the mtns, so if you can swing it id suggest a right hand side window seat.

Thank you! I have been scouting out my hiking trails on the alltrails app. Really excited for the Tetons, they look amazing. 

16 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

A sign of things to come for next winter? I actually really enjoyed last winter, was much better then the one before it. 

Completely agree. My hope for this winter is to finally get some truly epic snow, even if just out in west falls where I work. Its been three years now I've been working here without anything crazy.

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Well one things for certain.. @TugHillMattwasn't vacationing in southern Brasil...

Meanwhile...Is that slush forming on top of my pool's solar cover?

• Haha 2

Then, the attendant
cold front approaches the region early Sunday morning. With both
these frontal features within the vicinity late tonight and into
early Sunday morning, along with the cold air aloft, temperature
differences between 850mb and the lake surface (and equilibrium
levels) become marginal to support waterspouts on both lakes.

The likelihood for showers and thunderstorms will ramp up Sunday as
a sharp shortwave trough and associated cold front move southeast
across the region. Diurnal heating ahead of the system will allow
for at least some instability to develop, although expected
widespread cloud cover should limit instability. Shear profiles not
overly impressive but if any organized convection can develop along
the front localized gusty thunderstorms are not out of the question.
Potential exists for locally heavy rain with increasing precipitable
water values.

Obviously can't really trust the models but the potential for a decent soaking to start off the month.. Still a couple months away from the rainy season as October is the wettest month according to NOAA.. Actually we see more precipitation in fall/winter then we do in spring/summer if those numbers are to be believed lol

qpf_acc.us_ne - 2021-07-31T122546.517.png

qpf_acc.us_ne - 2021-07-31T122454.209.png