• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

19 hours ago, cny rider said:

1.75 inches in about 2.5 hours after lunch today.

Still raining.

We ended up with about 2in over about 1.5hrs.  Tiny little cell just sat on us.  Thankfully we are pretty high in the watershed so the end result was mainly entertainment and some roadside ditches that need to be cleaned out.  Our basement gets very wet during most “extreme” wet periods.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Ok, so I am beginning to think Syracuse airport is really working on maximizing climate change effects... Lol.

Their thermometer is registering at 85 degrees currently, while most temps in Onondaga county are showing upper 70s.

Considering contacting officials on this... 

this happened last year in the now famous 3 to 5 degree boost KBUF was also getting that no reporting sites around were at. It was questioned by one of our bloggers and it turned out there was an issue with the sensor…but they stated it was only a week or so and this was late august I believe. However if you look back at the 98 and 97 degree days, last July 8th and 9th I believe, you’ll see the surrounding temp sites were in the low to maybe mid 90’s. I can’t say this is a falsified reading out your way but it is quite conspicuous. And don’t make me bring up the measurements at KROC…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CNY_WX said:

I just went for a bike ride and I can believe it’s in the mid 80s here. Humidity is oppressive. 

I was golfing out at Wayne Hills today and it was steamy.  Maybe up to 80F but humidity quite noticeable with the "sort of" sunshine.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

this happened last year in the now famous 3 to 5 degree boost KBUF was also getting that no reporting sites around were at. It was questioned by one of our bloggers and it turned out there was an issue with the sensor…but they stated it was only a week or so and this was late august I believe. However if you look back at the 98 and 97 degree days, last July 8th and 9th I believe, you’ll see the surrounding temp sites were in the low to maybe mid 90’s. I can’t say this is a falsified reading out your way but it is quite conspicuous. And don’t make me bring up the measurements at KROC…

Oh, yeah, I remember that with Buffalo last year! LOL at ROC.... "the thing we do not speak of" anymore.... :lol:

Syracuse suspiciously just went from 88 degrees to 83 degrees. Perhaps they checked something? BGM told me they were investigating...so maybe it was corrected?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

Oh, yeah, I remember that with Buffalo last year! LOL at ROC.... "the thing we do not speak of" anymore.... :lol:

Syracuse suspiciously just went from 88 degrees to 83 degrees. Perhaps they checked something? BGM told me they were investigating...so maybe it was corrected?

Speaking of instrument error, has anyone else noticed that Albany, NY has been reading quite low recently? I've noticed they seem to always be below normal for the month, even though all the stations around them are above normal. 

Just now, acoolerclimate said:

Speaking of instrument error, has anyone else noticed that Albany, NY has been reading quite low recently? I've noticed they seem to always be below normal for the month, even though all the stations around them are above normal. 

YES!!! I have mentioned this numerous times! Their sensor is always colder, while the surrounding local obs are 5 to 7 degrees warmer.

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

Wow, Oneida county is yet again under the gun with some heavy storms leading to Flash Flood Warnings. They have had quite the severe summer!

Looks like some activity forming over the lake and maybe making it down to the Eastern Finger Lakes later?

image.thumb.png.7aebc9fec2f69e90054a4f94cc08545e.png

That fierce storm is forming on some sort of orographic or stationary boundary. Radar estimates are over 6 inches in about 70 minutes!!!

D61D5F17-9B55-49C1-901F-10ECCCD033A5.thumb.gif.97f1e6be2dcea365681e087e6f9a09b4.gif

• Like 1

Just now, acoolerclimate said:

I knew I wasn't crazy. I lived in Albany from 2001 to 2008. My own temps weren't that different from surrounding areas back then. 

I'm glad you brought it up. They've consistently been "colder" than much of Eastern NY for probably the past year. I just never took the initiative to contact Albany NWS about it. I would think they'd have investigated it by now?