• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

3 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Missed the heavy stuff at the game just light rain at times. 10-2 win for Blue Jays with 6 home runs, 2 from Vlad. Best player in the league

May be an image of one or more people and stadium

Nice.  Place looks sold out?  I wanted to try and get to one of those games before they leave, but not dropping $75 a ticket for the last series against Boston.  Looks like a great night!

11 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Nice.  Place looks sold out?  I wanted to try and get to one of those games before they leave, but not dropping $75 a ticket for the last series against Boston.  Looks like a great night!

Was an amazing night besides the 3 $10 beers I got. ^_^

It had to be closed to sold out, was tough finding parking. I thought the rain would scare people away, but obviously not the case in Buffalo. Ticket's were $38 each plus fees so around $44 total.

Was a once in lifetime experience, already announced they are leaving July 30th. Will never forget it, Vlad is the best player in league too. Youngest MVP all star winner in history of the league. Dude is insane.

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Was an amazing night besides the 3 $10 beers I got. ^_^

It had to be closed to sold out, was tough finding parking. I thought the rain would scare people away, but obviously not the case in Buffalo. Ticket's were $38 each plus fees so around $44 total.

Was a once in lifetime experience, already announced they are leaving July 30th. Will never forget it, Vlad is the best player in league too. Youngest MVP all star winner in history of the league. Dude is insane.

Beers at German football matches are $3.50. Tix are ~$30 (upper levels). Mass Transit to stadiums free with ticket. Brats are $2.  Similar in other non UK countries.  They actually care a bit about the fan base.  We get raped here by greedy ****tards. I'll never go to a major league US/Canadian sporting event again. On principle.

Hey look, it's pouring again! Ugh.

• Like 1

1.02” here since the rain started yesterday. Absolutely pouring out right now but looks short lived as the low is moving up Lake Erie we look to get “dry slotted” as the low moves overhead. Lots more rain up in N. Erie and Niagara/Orleans/Genesee counties as they’re approaching over 2 inches since midnight. The entire Niagara Frontier is under a flood warning and now a new flash flood warning just popped near Jamestown due to 1-3” of rain already falling this morning on top of the 3” they got yesterday. 

6 hours ago, Syrmax said:

Beers at German football matches are $3.50. Tix are ~$30 (upper levels). Mass Transit to stadiums free with ticket. Brats are $2.  Similar in other non UK countries.  They actually care a bit about the fan base.  We get raped here by greedy ****tards. I'll never go to a major league US/Canadian sporting event again. On principle.

Hey look, it's pouring again! Ugh.

I didn't mind paying that as it was my first sporting event in almost 2 years. It was fun to get out with the family and support a once in a lifetime event in Buffalo. But usually I agree with you. I stick to one beer a sporting event during the game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I didn't mind paying that as it was my first sporting event in almost 2 years. It was fun to get out with the family and support a once in a lifetime event in Buffalo. But usually I agree with you. I stick to one beer a sporting event during the game. 

Glad you had a great time! I shouldn't have been a Debbie Downer there.  I blame the rain. Which BTW, I am up to 1.75" for yday and today and still pouring here. FFS.

• Like 1

I measured 1.03” at 7:30 this morning then I went out about 15 minutes ago when we had a break and measured 0.35” since then. My lawn desperately needs a mowing but I’d have to put pontoons on the mower to do it right now. It’s raining moderately right now with some heavier rain about to move in. 

• Like 2

.Heavy Rain Threat into Tonight...

Several waves tracking northeast along a stalled frontal boundary
will keep rain and scattered convection over the region into
tonight. A saturated airmass in place for this winter-like synoptic
set up will also allow for repeated downpours...particularly
within any convection. Given the near saturated antecedent
conditions...flooding issues will persist.

"Drier" air in the mid levels moving in tonight should mitigate the
risk for heavy rain over the western counties and in particular the
Western Southern Tier. Regardless...steady rain still expected
within the deformation zone of the last passing wave. In fact...
could see over an inch and a half of rain from this for parts of
Oswego and Lewis counties.

A mid level low will pass over the region Sunday. While
significantly lower rainfall amounts are anticipated...there will
still be some showers. This will mainly be the case for sites east
of the Genesee valley. Given colder air aloft (>15kft)...will carry
a minimal (slgt) risk for afternoon thunderstorms.