• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

15 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Lots of land out that way at reasonable prices. It's still far enough out there to get that. Here where I live and every single piece of land is being developed. I bought my house for 160k in 2019 its worth 235k+ now. I bet I could get 250k if I listed today, its insanity over here. There is a development being built as we speak behind my house with average housing prices of 300-475k.

That's how it is here in the burbs of Syracuse as well. The roads aren't designed for it.

• Sad 1

Small earthquake in Jersey this morning. 

Earthquakes are not necessarily unusual in the state; Wednesday's temblor was the fourth in the last 12 months, per government data.

According to the state's Department of Environmental Protection, New Jersey is actually considered overdue for a moderate earthquake, much like the magnitude 5.5 quake that hit in 1884.

Screenshot_20210609-125041.png

The long term period will be fairly active with the overall pattern
featuring a few different mid/upper level troughs that will cause
showers and the potential for thunderstorms. The best chance for
showers and thunderstorms will be on Sunday, but each day during the
long term has at least slight chance POPs in place with the overall
lack of high pressure/ridging over the region. Guidance suggests
general larger scale troughing develops early next week over the
Great Lakes and Northeast as a large area of high pressure and
ridging dominate the western half of the country. The building
trough over the Northeast will continue the active pattern, and
bring cooler and less humid conditions compared to what is occurring
this week.

For the second consecutive day we start to torch during the 2nd half of the afternoon.. Yesterday  it was in the low-mid 70s all day until 4-5 pm when the sun came out, hit 81° for the high.. Today we have been stuck in the low-mid 70s most of the day under cloud cover, sun has since come out and temps have risen above 80° once again..

The dew point has dropped into the mid 50s this morning, a nice break from the soupy air mass we’ve been in the last couple days. The real break comes next week as a trough gets carved out over the eastern US. Temperatures could almost feel fall like especially after the 90s we just experienced. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Very high overnight lows have been the factor behind those departures. My pool is in the 80s despite no solar cover. 

Really! I'm showing mid 70s with a solar cover. Although I may need a new thermometer.  Contemplating a first pool use Saturday if it is warm enough. Next week looks like a loser for pool.

45 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Really! I'm showing mid 70s with a solar cover. Although I may need a new thermometer.  Contemplating a first pool use Saturday if it is warm enough. Next week looks like a loser for pool.

Yeah It's in a perfect spot. I'm pretty close to lake so we don't get cold at night and there are zero trees around my pool so it gets full sun all day long. 

5 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Very high overnight lows have been the factor behind those departures. My pool is in the 80s despite no solar cover. 

Same. I’m still sitting at 84 and yesterday was 86. Not one time with solar cover on. I’m leaning towards not putting it on this year unless we get a real cool spell if a week or so, and even then with temps back in the 80’s for a few days it’ll jump right back.

• Like 1