• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Saturday through Thursday.

There is a chance of thunderstorms over the southern Adirondacks
Saturday with a marginal risk of severe weather.

The first extended period of hot weather of the season is expected
this weekend into early next week. Heat indices in the low to mid-90s
are expected for valley locations Sunday through Tuesday. If
confidence in heat indices reaching 95F increases, heat advisories
will become necessary.
  • Like 1

Must be an onshore flow for kbuf? Forecast Max for the week is 81° there, here east of Ontario we are forecast a couple days in the mid 80s and 1 upper 80s, rest of the week in the 70s..Not as hot as they were talking a few days ago..

Those lows in the mid 60s will be brutal though lol

4 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Must be an onshore flow for kbuf? Forecast Max for the week is 81° there, here east of Ontario we are forecast a couple days in the mid 80s and 1 upper 80s, rest of the week in the 70s..Not as hot as they were talking a few days ago..

Yep, 60°+ at 5am is when I really feel the heat.  Usually I can get outside early and enjoy a few hours before it really heats up, but when it is that warm (usually accompanied by humidity) I look for inside projects!  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

75 here at 5 am. Just brutal. 

You need to move to the sizzlecuse lol

Kbgm forecasting an "official" heat wave..

Today
Sunny, with a high near 91. West wind 13 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.
Tonight
Mostly clear, with a low around 69. Southwest wind 7 to 14 mph.
Sunday
Sunny and hot, with a high near 94. West wind 9 to 11 mph.
Sunday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 69. South wind 3 to 5 mph.
Monday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 91. West wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Monday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 70. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Tuesday
A chance of showers between 8am and 2pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 90. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DeltaT13 said:

Hot summer nights are literally the best part of summer!  (Gotta at least have some form of AC though) 

I stayed the weekend in Brooklyn one summer and temps one night didn't dip below 85...no A/C, but just a large fan blowing on me all night on top of bedding. Slept really well.

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

You need to move to the sizzlecuse lol

Kbgm forecasting an "official" heat wave..

Today
Sunny, with a high near 91. West wind 13 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.
Tonight
Mostly clear, with a low around 69. Southwest wind 7 to 14 mph.
Sunday
Sunny and hot, with a high near 94. West wind 9 to 11 mph.
Sunday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 69. South wind 3 to 5 mph.
Monday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 91. West wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Monday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 70. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Tuesday
A chance of showers between 8am and 2pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 90. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Wow, lake erie breeze messing up my heat flow. :thumbsdown:

• Haha 2

Hey, all...been awhile. Soooo busy with end of school year stuff.

I'm glad to see you adopted my "Sizzlecuse" terminology.

Absolutely ridiculous here. As I observed, almost always 4 to 5 degrees hotter than forecasted...and making it to 90 degrees seems so easy. One of the hottest cities along the east coast today....and several times this hot season already. Hate it.

Next move: A mountain top.

• Like 1

Very interesting micro fluctuations IMBY with this lake breeze. I noticed it slack off a bit a few times and the air took on an entirely different feel...more humid and temp jumped up. Kicked in strongly about an hour ago and air has a “marine” feel with comfortable temp in the mid 70’s. While probably 10 miles away temps are climbing through the 80’s. Pretty “cool” to observe. 

• Like 1