Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2021 OBS Thread

JTA66

1 hour ago, JTA66 said:

Dr. No only lives up to his reputation for snow events.

I haven't been paying much attention, but check out the rains breaking out in the Ohio Valley back toward IL with Ida still in MS. Was that forecasted?

That is the stalled font laying down the tracks for the Ida coaster. Wheeeeee 

From the Flash Flood Watch

* The remnants of Hurricane Ida will pass through the region
  Wednesday through early Thursday morning. Periods of heavy rain
  and scattered thunderstorms associated with this low will result
  in widespread 3 to 5 inches of rain, with locally higher amounts
  likely exceeding 6 inches by Thursday morning. Combined with wet
  antecedent conditions, this will lead to numerous instances of
  flash flooding, some of which may be significant
  • Weenie 1

The 88 ended up being my high for yesterday and despite some early overcast and then some clearing and sun, it has clouded over again with a deck of high clouds, and is currently 77 with dp 70, which is a slight drop previously.  So the cold front is hovering just overhead and where that eventually sets up, will probably determine where the Ida remnants go...

On a side note, yesterday I heard KYW do a quicky "beach report" mentioning the ocean temperatures being between 79 - 83 yesterday. :o  I know this is the warmest time of year for the oceans at the shore but that is approaching GOM temps and it seems to be more consistently doing that in recent years.

210831.243.0235.n18.jpg

• Weenie 1

18 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

The 88 ended up being my high for yesterday and despite some early overcast and then some clearing and sun, it has clouded over again with a deck of high clouds, and is currently 77 with dp 70, which is a slight drop previously.  So the cold front is hovering just overhead and where that eventually sets up, will probably determine where the Ida remnants go...

On a side note, yesterday I heard KYW do a quicky "beach report" mentioning the ocean temperatures being between 79 - 83 yesterday. :o  I know this is the warmest time of year for the oceans at the shore but that is approaching GOM temps and it seems to be more consistently doing that in recent years.

210831.243.0235.n18.jpg

It also looks like Ida does a pivot, much like our MECS/HECS. I'm expecting about 3"-5" here. Any less will be greatly appreciated. Any more...:axe:

• Weenie 1

SPC just penciled in some of Philly metro for "enhanced risk" for their SWDY2 from Ida -

E-IvG6_UYAQBPAK.jpg

It'll depend on where that front situates itself.

So far I've hit a high of 85 today whenever the sun popped out but it inevitably self-destructs and the temp drops (with the wobbly movement of the front).

Am currently 83 and overcast with dp 66 so the front has dropped slightly south of me at the moment.

7 hours ago, CoolHandMike said:

Gonna wake up in 6 hours and make the call for whether or not I drive to SNJ for work. Risking going in and not being able to get home if the majority of this falls around evening rush, but I don't want to sit at home all day while it sprinkles either. What to do, what to do...

Yeah that's no for me. I'd be half-way into my 1.5 hour drive right now going through some of those heavy returns around West Chester. Dodging semi's and idiot, half-awake drivers in heavy rain is not my idea of fun. Thankfully my site sup understands completely.

Oh, there's a Fall thread up? YES. See ya all there!

• Weenie 1

Those last 2 "I" storms were bad for us.

Had a fairly decent weekend down at the Bay.  They had some flood gates opened at Coniwingo Fri and Sat but the debris wasn't too bad on the Elk, we were in the water Saturday afternoon.  Sunday was a different story with regards to cloud cover, shower, and debris was worse than Saturday.

I'll just leave this here to end of summer.  Bring on Fall!

9.4.21.jpg

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1