Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2021 OBS Thread

JTA66

5 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Well so far, I got 0.22" out of it which is fine since I already got 1.68" yesterday.  So a good top-off ahead of the torch the next couple days. :lol:

The rain did drop the temp to 75 and the dp "down to" 73.  Still getting some light rain.

I was out yesterday so not sure what we got but I can tell you that my grass is plenty brown. Glad you are getting some relief from the dp lol

12 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Some rolling thunder and light rain...rolled out the tarp at CBP.

Temp took a dive 73F / DP 70F

Yeah, what is with this late-ass  thunder?  There was nothing as it came through and now like 45 minutes later, we're hearing I guess what is the rocking and rolling going on in Jersey. :lol:

As a note, my BIL and one of his buddies went to see the Phillies last night and I told my sis that they had to have been in a rain delay because there was a huge blob sitting right over the stadium area.  I think it was a delay for something like 90 minutes.  They probably should have just given up at that point considering what happened when they resumed. :huh:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Yeah, what is with this late-ass  thunder?  There was nothing as it came through and now like 45 minutes later, we're hearing I guess what is the rocking and rolling going on in Jersey. :lol:

As a note, my BIL and one of his buddies went to see the Phillies last night and I told my sis that they had to have been in a rain delay because there was a huge blob sitting right over the stadium area.  I think it was a delay for something like 90 minutes.  They probably should have just given up at that point considering what happened when they resumed. :huh:

Friend of mine was there as well.  I gave him a heads up that there was going to be a nice delay.  He finally left at 12:30 AM.  

27 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I'm still getting it at 8:45pm. Probably the most memorable thing about this event....sounds like I live in the basement of a bowling alley.

73F / DP 72F 

845.jpg

I'm in Lake Placid NY until Saturday. First time up here, and wow it's beautiful! Got up at 4:45am to go watch the sunrise at Cobble Overlook (around 2350' elevation). Hoping to either drive or hike to the peak of Whiteface Mountain tomorrow (around 4850' elevation). Wish I could live up here year round, plus they average 100+ inches of snow. Side note, some severe storms forecasted for up here today.

1675901498_CobbleLookoutSunrise.thumb.jpg.6ce389313e24946cd28cf200abf8c287.jpg

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

34 minutes ago, Newman said:

I'm in Lake Placid NY until Saturday. First time up here, and wow it's beautiful! Got up at 4:45am to go watch the sunrise at Cobble Overlook (around 2350' elevation). Hoping to either drive or hike to the peak of Whiteface Mountain tomorrow (around 4850' elevation). Wish I could live up here year round, plus they average 100+ inches of snow. Side note, some severe storms forecasted for up here today.

1675901498_CobbleLookoutSunrise.thumb.jpg.6ce389313e24946cd28cf200abf8c287.jpg

we did that a couple of years ago...it is awesome...there's a good BBQ place right on main street that sits on the lake...we drove up to whiteface which is worth it but it's a long hike...if you are looking for a shorter hike i can recommend mt. jo...only takes a couple of hours at most to get up and down but the views are great

• Like 1

When all was said and done, I ended up with 0.25" from that line yesterday, which is fine.

The low this morning was 71.  Currently have blue sky to the south and some hazy high clouds to the north and 84, with dp 75.  If it is going to hit mid-upper 90s here today, then it needs to already be close to or in the low 90s here by now, but we shall see.

13 minutes ago, MacChump said:

we did that a couple of years ago...it is awesome...there's a good BBQ place right on main street that sits on the lake...we drove up to whiteface which is worth it but it's a long hike...if you are looking for a shorter hike i can recommend mt. jo...only takes a couple of hours at most to get up and down but the views are great

Just looked up the Mt. Jo trail, definitely what I'm gonna do! I just got surgery on Monday, so I have to be very careful with how strenuous these hikes are. I'm up here to begin with because my brother is getting married up here and I was hoping to do some hiking. The Cobble Lookout was a very simple 2 mile out and back with virtually no elevation gain. If the Mt. Jo loop ends up being too much, I'll turn around. And obviously hiking up Whiteface isn't gonna happen, but 100% will drive up. Thanks for the recommendations!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Newman said:

Just looked up the Mt. Jo trail, definitely what I'm gonna do! I just got surgery on Monday, so I have to be very careful with how strenuous these hikes are. I'm up here to begin with because my brother is getting married up here and I was hoping to do some hiking. The Cobble Lookout was a very simple 2 mile out and back with virtually no elevation gain. If the Mt. Jo loop ends up being too much, I'll turn around. And obviously hiking up Whiteface isn't gonna happen, but 100% will drive up. Thanks for the recommendations!

nice, sounds like a great week...i will say that, like most people seem to do, we went up on the "short route" and down on the "long route"...the short route is, well, short, but it is actually pretty steep and will definitely get your heart rate up...you could just do the long route both ways if you are worried at all and still be done in a couple hours...have a great time!

• Thanks 1

84F at noon yesterday, 86F today. Topped out at 92F yesterday. I'm going with 95F today. I think some off-and-on cloud cover before yesterday's storms moved in kept things in check. Don't think I'll be as lucky today.

Also hearing last night's Euro weeklies bring the ridge back to the east later in the month. I haven't paid much attention to how they've been performing this summer.