Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2021 OBS Thread

JTA66

7 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

ANNNNDDDD... Rain! :thumbsup:   Just now tipping the bucket - something literally just formed.  So far has added 0.05" to this morning's total and am at 0.12".

Am getting a bit fringed but there's lots of convection all around.

Thunder right at post time!

radar38-08102021.png

Now getting 1.25"/hr shower and am up to 0.29" for the day.  Temp is down to 76 with dp 73.

lightning-608pm-08102021.PNG

Sun is popping out through the clouds but picked up 0.23" from that for a total of 0.30" for the day so far.  Got me another day to keep the hose in its reel - and especially since the blast furnace is supposed to get turned on starting tomorrow.  :tomato:

Temp now recovering a bit to 77 with dp 73.  There's some more out in Lancaster county but not sure if that survives.

Just now, The Iceman said:

Wow another 1.25" will probably get to 1.3" by the time we taper off. 3.75" on the day including this morning. Levittown area has been a magnet today for the heavy rain. 

You got that right ice I’m over here in the Quincy Hollow  development just got inundated

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Nice!  That line out in Lancaster is on Chester County's doorstep.  You may be fringed being to the north of the heaviest stuff.

For sure. It's doing the "Reading Split". Oh well, can't complain with .8" for the day. Might get a few sprinkles from this as a consolation prize. :)

Lots of lightning in Coatesville.  Drove from Exton to Coatesville as the storm rolled in and was able to get a nice peep of the sun out of the backside  with a nice orange glow lighting up the horizon.  Still lightning consistently overhead.  

This pic is from before I went into the store in Exton around 6:45pm.  Looking WNW.

q2WXf2k.jpg

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=icon&region=us&pkg=mslp_pcpn_frzn&runtime=2021081018&fh=6

I know it’s the 18z Gfs but this run is unlike anything I’ve ever seen in regards to the Atlantic set up a storm moving West Southwest to the Outer Banks and another developing in the Bahamas coming to Maryland making a left turn to Baltimore and DC and continuing on to Pittsburgh.  Then a huge baroclinic zone running from coastal Florida to NYC and New England crazy crazy run. 

• Weenie 1

Finished up with a total of 1.68" of rain for Tuesday (0.07" round 1, 0.23" round 2, and 1.38" round 3).  The high was 91.

Currently mostly cloudy, 71 and misty, with dp 71, producing the steamy windows.  I think that rainfall I had here will preclude getting to the mid-90s here today, and/or tomorrow, although if there is no more rain here until the weekend, then Friday might get there and perhaps even reach the upper 90s. But I suppose that will depend on how strong the heat core is (i.e., if there had been an antecedent dry period, then we might have had a chance for triple digits this week, which we haven't had here in awhile).

Will anyone hit 100F tomorrow or Friday? NWS forecasting highs of 97-98F for most of the area. GFS and RGEM has PHL hitting 100F on Friday. Today and Thursday are going to feel the hottest though with dew points in the low 70's. The dews actually drop a bit on Friday though only to the mid-upper 60's despite temps remaining in the upper 90's. In fact, the dews dropping on Friday makes me think that Fri may be our best shot at 100F. Heat Index is going to be in the 105F-110F range today and tomorrow at least. Time to hibernate into the AC. 

• Weenie 1