Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2021 OBS Thread

JTA66

41 minutes ago, MacChump said:

Whole lot of nothing down here, no complaints, clouds did their job. 

It wasn’t the clouds that did it, it was your location compared to the MCS.  Was cloudy here all day and we had one of the longest lasting/largest tornadoes this area has ever seen just a couple miles down the road.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, hazwoper said:

It wasn’t the clouds that did it, it was your location compared to the MCS.  Was cloudy here all day and we had one of the longest lasting/largest tornadoes this area has ever seen just a couple miles down the road.

whatever it was I’m glad…hope you and everyone you know is safe…

• Like 1

What an insane day it turned out to be. My post about this being more so a "damaging wind" threat did not age well. This ended up being a localized tornado outbreak for SE PA and Southern Jersey. I actually went to chase the two tornado warned storms in northern MD and ended up missing them, started to drive back and was getting phone calls from my friend in Levittown who was chasing that New Hope storm. He then backtracked and tried to intercept the Bensalem storm but missed that one. Overall, just an incredible day. Low level shear for the win, sun/CAPE for the loss. I hope everyone here on the board and across the area is okay.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Hey fellas, thought I'd check in. I live near welsh/boulevard. I saw the hook forming heading right towards Bensalem so I decided, since I'm crazy, to go drive and chase it. I drove right up the boulevard and made it to the Wawa near Neshaminy Motel, RIGHT AS THE TORNADO WAS FORMING. I was right up the road from where the tornado hit

I experienced one of the coolest things ever. It was pouring rain with low visibility, and then suddenly as the tornado passed the winds quickly changed directions, the sun became visible, and it got extremely gusty. Was a pretty cool experience.

My grandmother lives in the trailer park behind the car dealership that was destroyed. She had just got out of the hospital and my mother was with her. She is located in the back of the park. Luckily, it was the front of the park that took the most damage. She is without power but fine otherwise. 

22 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Hey fellas, thought I'd check in. I live near welsh/boulevard. I saw the hook forming heading right towards Bensalem so I decided, since I'm crazy, to go drive and chase it. I drove right up the boulevard and made it to the Wawa near Neshaminy Motel, RIGHT AS THE TORNADO WAS FORMING. I was right up the road from where the tornado hit

I experienced one of the coolest things ever. It was pouring rain with low visibility, and then suddenly as the tornado passed the winds quickly changed directions, the sun became visible, and it got extremely gusty. Was a pretty cool experience.

My grandmother lives in the trailer park behind the car dealership that was destroyed. She had just got out of the hospital and my mother was with her. She is located in the back of the park. Luckily, it was the front of the park that took the most damage. She is without power but fine otherwise. 

Nice - tornado chasing in Northeast Philly probably wasn't on your list! Glad your Grandmother and Mom are okay.

37 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Yes, glad everyone is okay! Fortunately I haven't heard of any serious injuries, amazing seeing the damage around the area.

Picked up about .70" yesterday from the portion of the storm that looked to move on and form the tornado in the lower Bucks area.

73F/DP 68F

24 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

DPs starting to drop. 68F earlier this morning, 63F now. I fully expect dews in the 50s this afternoon and one hell of a good sleeping night coming up. Windows open, temps in the 50s, low dews and the sound of critters outside...

75F / DP 63F

Not too cold, or the critters don't sing.

1 hour ago, Tatamy said:

Mt. Holly reports EF3 damage in the Bensalem/Trevose area in Bucks Cty. from yesterday’s storms.

Whole pile of tornado reports from Mt. Holly today -

And the outcomes (I expect the Rehoboth/Dewey Beach area one in Delaware is still pending) -

NOUS41 KPHI 302012
 PNSPHI
 DEZ001>004-MDZ012-015-019-020-NJZ001-007>010-012>027-PAZ054-055-
 060>062-070-071-101>106-310815-

Public Information Statement
 National Weather Service Mount Holly NJ
 412 PM EDT Fri Jul 30 2021

...Multiple Storm Surveys Continue...

The National Weather Service office in Mount Holly, NJ continues
 to conduct multiple storm surveys across the region this
 afternoon.
 The surveys are in relation to several severe thunderstorms that 
 moved through the area on Thursday, July 29th. The areas of focus
 are contained on a graphic that is on our social media accounts 
 and on our web site.

Some preliminary information from the Storm Damage Survey Teams:

Confirmed EF3 tornado in Bucks County, PA in the Bensalem/Trevose
 area with peak winds up to 140 mph. The most intense damage
 occurred at car dealerships and an adjacent mobile home park.

Confirmed EF2 tornado in Waretown to Barnegat Light in Ocean 
 County, NJ, with peak winds up to 115 mph. The EF2 damage was 
 found in the Barnegat Light area of Long Beach Island.

Confirmed EF1 tornado in the Cedar Bridge area of Barnegat 
 Township in Ocean County, NJ with peak winds 100-105 mph.

Additional Public Information Statements will be issued as we get
 more information from the survey teams as they continue to do
 their work.

If you have damage to report, please send us an email at 
 [email protected]. The storm survey information will also be 
 available on our website at http://www.weather.gov/phi

$$

Gorse

As an obs, I actually did drop a degree this morning for a low of 71.  Made it up to 87 today for a high, and although it took awhile, the dp finally dropped into the 50s, and it's currently 84 and mostly sunny, with dp 55.