Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2021 OBS Thread

JTA66

11 minutes ago, stemwinder said:

Round two looks appalling on radar.

After all the mayhem, got just over 1" on my deck.  More coming of course.

BTW Lauren Bacall was great.  I hated Johnny Rocco.  Glad he got his in the end.  First saw that as a kid.  I was rootin for the old man to hit him one.  After what he did to his poor boozy girlfriend.  

Edward G didn't want the role but went ahead.  Great movie.  But I digress...

Anything that Edward G. Robinson appears in only illustrates how comfortable he is just playing any kind of role.:lol:

I am getting walloped.  Warnings flying.  Getting 1.4"/hr rate at the moment and am up to 0.42" so far. :thumbsup:  Temp is 75.

• Like 1

Wow that was probably some of the closest lightning strikes/ loudest thunder I’ve experienced in a long time. About a dozen or so extremely close CG bolts, all less than a half mile away or so. I live next to Morris Park so there’s a lot of trees/ open ground to catch lightning. Cars up and down the street had their alarms set off several times. 

Great show! Had me taking cover afar back from the windows haha! :lightning: 

1 minute ago, stemwinder said:

Some loud thunder is back.  Must be the round from Philly.  

Maybe after this, I can get some sleep.  :weenie:

The front end of it is on Trenton's doorstep.  I'm down to light but still productive rain and am up to 1.17" in the bucket.   Grateful I won't have to water for a few days!  :thumbsup:

TOR just got lofted in Wrightstown south of you.

I'm pretty much done. Any residual will probably be unmeasurable. Still seeing lightning flashes off to the north and east but not hearing any thunder.  Finished up with 1.19" for the day in 2 rounds.  Temp is currently 72 with dp 71.

I saw the reports of a water rescue in Bensalem and noting the Frankford and Pennypack Creeks are out of their banks, so some of the places that got hit Monday, got hit again.  There's flooding on the Schuylkill Expressway between Montgomery and City Ave. going westbound in the SE Montco area.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I'm pretty much done. Any residual will probably be unmeasurable. Still seeing lightning flashes off to the north and east but not hearing any thunder.  Finished up with 1.19" for the day in 2 rounds.  Temp is currently 72 with dp 71.

I saw the reports of a water rescue in Bensalem and noting the Frankford and Pennypack Creeks are out of their banks, so some of the places that got hit Monday, got hit again.  There's flooding on the Schuylkill Expressway between Montgomery and City Ave. going westbound in the SE Montco area.

System still looks robust going into NE NJ and NYC.  Glad the the timing gives us a night's sleep.  Winding down here but still rumbling and raining.  close to 2" here tonight.

29 minutes ago, wkd said:

What a fantastic thunderstorm yesterday evening. Best in years.  There were really no strong winds but numerous close lightning strikes.  The rain came down in sheets and the final total was 5.46". Lots of road flooding.

There was a TOR up around your area sometime between 5 and 5:30 pm.  I think there was a report of a funnel by a spotter.

Looks like my low was 72 this morning and the sun is trying to peak out between the debris clouds.  Current temp is 75 with dp 73.

radar10-07172021.png

20 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

There was a TOR up around your area sometime between 5 and 5:30 pm.  I think there was a report of a funnel by a spotter.

Looks like my low was 72 this morning and the sun is trying to peak out between the debris clouds.  Current temp is 75 with dp 73.

radar10-07172021.png

Well round  3 was the best round unfortunately there was a house fires in Langhorne and also one in Bensalem Because of lightning strikes

58 minutes ago, thunderbolt said:

Well round  3 was the best round unfortunately there was a house fires in Langhorne and also one in Bensalem Because of lightning strikes

That whole complex of convection eventually formed a line as it barreled through the city, and was just loaded with lightning.  The only saving grace was that once it formed the line, it was moving quickly instead of stalling out and just puking rain like what happened last Monday.

• Like 1

Although I can still feel the residual heat radiating from the brick of the house, today is like day and night compared to the last couple days.  Temp has yet to reach 80 here and dp finally dropped below 70 this morning.  The atmosphere is still unsettled so despite some early sun, the clouds have rolled in and it's generally been overcast since (although that is probably keeping the temp down too).

Currently 77 and overcast with dp 67.

• Like 1