• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2021 OBS Thread

JTA66

That complex up in North Jersey has a well-defined outflow boundary that has been moving to the SE.  Am back down to 86 with dp 77 and still waiting for some blip to at least give me 1/4" for the effort.  The firehose flow that is starting to produce some stuff through the city is still generally to my east although it looks like it starting to backbuild a bit to the west.

Picked up an inch from the storm earlier this afternoon. It trained over my neighbor for about 1/2 hour. My temp has since rebounded to 80F.

I’m sure I’ll see more storms this evening, but I’m guessing the earlier one has stabilized things enough that they’ll be sub-severe.

9 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

Wind picking up and sky darkening to my west. Looking forward to this. Might just sit in my garage with the doors up in a camp chair and sip a beer while it pours. (Hopefully it pours.)

Same but on the front porch which faces west. Good part because the stuff to the west will probably arrive after sunset when it's dark...lightning show hopefully.

ls.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

Wind picking up and sky darkening to my west. Looking forward to this. Might just sit in my garage with the doors up in a camp chair and sip a beer while it pours. (Hopefully it pours.)

Was gonna post that it looks like the big dry slot over your area is slowly starting to fill in.  Meanwhile I could use a little more.  It's down to 75 with dp down a bit to 72 but that means a steamy window alert.:lol:

8 minutes ago, RedSky said:

NE of Ewing is hitting 6" estimates

They may have a round #2 still to come through

That's near me.  Wadda storm.  "Key Largo" redux.  Johnny Rocco gettin' nervous.

(Great movie about a hurricane, for those who don't know w hat I'm raving about.)  

Thunder getting a little quieter, waiting for the next round.   Had to disconnect my iMac for a while.:axe:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, stemwinder said:

That's near me.  Wadda storm.  "Key Largo" redux.  Johnny Rocco gettin' nervous.

(Great movie about a hurricane, for those who don't know w hat I'm raving about.)  

Thunder getting a little quieter, waiting for the next round.   Had to disconnect my iMac for a while.:axe:

Lauren Bacall is da bomb! :lol:  As much as people love Casablanca, I prefer Bogart in Key Largo (probably my favorite movie with him).

Am on the precipice of some incoming cells... That line has taken its sweet time moving east but seems to have accelerated its forward motion now.  Am currently at 78 with dp 75 so still a bit juicy here and not really stabilized.

And as I'm typing this, up goes a Thunderstorm Warning.

ETA - game on! Rain has commenced!

radar21-07172021.png

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Getting dumped on nicely here, with decent thunder and lightning. 75F currently with a dewpoint of 70. Nice...

The radar looks great down your way, stay safe!

Got a shower moving through now with some thunder.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Lauren Bacall is da bomb! :lol:  As much as people love Casablanca, I prefer Bogart in Key Largo (probably my favorite movie with him).

Am on the precipice of some incoming cells... That line has taken its sweet time moving east but seems to have accelerated its forward motion now.  Am currently at 78 with dp 75 so still a bit juicy here and not really stabilized.

And as I'm typing this, up goes a Thunderstorm Warning.

Round two looks appalling on radar.

After all the mayhem, got just over 1" on my deck.  More coming of course.

BTW Lauren Bacall was great.  I hated Johnny Rocco.  Glad he got his in the end.  First saw that as a kid.  I was rootin for the old man to hit him one.  After what he did to his poor boozy girlfriend.  

Edward G didn't want the role but went ahead.  Great movie.  But I digress...