• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2021 OBS Thread

JTA66

Made it up to 94 as a high for the day (so far but probably will be a final).

This is the 21st 90+ high day IMBY since May, with 3 (non-consecutive) days in May, 11 days in June (including 2 heatwaves of 3 or more consecutive 90+s), and 7 in July (with what is now the 2nd heatwave of the month, with 3 or more consecutive 90+s).

It's currently 91 with dp 70 and :maphot:

Got up to 95 here today. Waited until the very last to go out and do yard work again, as did several of our neighbors. I can't wait to be able to sit outside for any length of time and enjoy all the fruits of our labors... in September.

This might not be wx related, but I saw my first SLF nymph yesterday, and the Japanese beetles have shown up and are steadily chomping through my herb garden and petunias, of which we have quite a few. Bastards.

Noticed the clouds to the NW had some cool, sunset backlighting earlier and snapped a pic. Notice the bunny brazenly sitting in the middle of the road. My wife has been doing battle with those as well. One by one we are swapping out the plants they apparently like to eat with ones they hopefully don't. Bastards.

0ke77hz6rn-CY3N5Cx7A5sG640LJCZEI8RIBgBhL7bBUEolSEaA3e8C8e7pGhuyyrw83D9Id-3We0WZdn9bn-U-KhaprYZ0SguTKnrZ5sC7CNRPtBAZJ3nY0ZPf0W2FOTA271Mi7uuzHFOG6AItymbAUHuCsUiHdtCJ-zKDtwocKyQrUi2_h0udMApkYTOmQKUj5JbO_Gn-yWZ57Evtz_dEv-GOoU9OkJ38sMeLpbuLfQDFr1ZVc8vIoaUr-Ee1wlB7zs6uZVGQHwqEqFkg-yxFKLtidNQ6Gz95aJuUQisMm2qExXqGq7Kybk-k-7xOjZI81G4hEcUqLAVb6h1_9RR096d1J1a1UCTuV-wAIOvkntvk8P9yUT2zfGOl-T9XQcWyLLnw9ZCN-FVJd56sOJaRHjBaTpaSwGe5JX79wC8OKLFKFEeSYNXxUE3JEjsj2aJpzjFXULj7po4nsXDh5vm9mqu1zSirOlEyV6jNq5q-t9dIf5sHNPl3oIi8UXTL8ZNue0YxE3i_UUclYM3KcdTsUXwcbJSwUYvoeAQEz6o5oNF3i9F22iq5qEvaiMXmnv0q17Nt9IfpjNFgEtoulzvrJH-yE55Gv6DDR0bjRNRCh1nZ32sHHj0Hkw_UzJPWcFDtVaVE9q4OYSXurSVv9XwnCZGghjQoskWcV7ja47ocz1geey_iIC1w7aIo0RVozG0SrySAg6VMw2trqHrjtHepa=w2560-h1174-no?authuser=0

• Like 1

dream on. SOS  T storms fire up in the Allegany Mts overnight wane and die out in the morning before getting to our area. We are left in the debris cloud layer from these storms  all afternoon. The t storms may fire up again in the late afternoon near Harrisburg when the clouds clear out. The issue is with these storms that form near Harrisburg is that they  have been quickly moving NE and are dinurally driven that miss many portions of the MT Holly region with hit and miss crap. I have seen the northern portions of the LV and southern Poconos being slammed the last several days with continuous heavy t-storms only to see anyone in eastern Berks, western Lehigh and Northern Montgomery literally bone dry. Driving around , the corn is already in full tassle in the northern areas of Lehigh County while in the southern areas, it has not even tasseled.

19 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

dream on. SOS  T storms fire up in the Allegany Mts overnight wane and die out in the morning before getting to our area. We are left in the debris cloud layer from these storms  all afternoon. The t storms may fire up again in the late afternoon near Harrisburg when the clouds clear out. The issue is with these storms that form near Harrisburg is that they  have been quickly moving NE and are dinurally driven that miss many portions of the MT Holly region with hit and miss crap. I have seen the northern portions of the LV and southern Poconos being slammed the last several days with continuous heavy t-storms only to see anyone in eastern Berks, western Lehigh and Northern Montgomery literally bone dry. Driving around , the corn is already in full tassle in the northern areas of Lehigh County while in the southern areas, it has not even tasseled.

Yeah the radar has been such a tease lately. I hate to say it, but I think you're right--more of the same today. Oh well.

1 hour ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Barely after 8:30 am and already up to 85 here with a dp of 77.  I'm afraid to go outside. :yikes:

I ended up with a 74 low this morning.

Don't! I just stepped outside for a moment...hoochie mama!! Temp isn't horrible at 81F, but that humid air mass is a slap in the face. I was hoping to do a little yard work this morning before the heat of the day fully kicks in, but now I'm reconsidering.

10 hours ago, CoolHandMike said:

Got up to 95 here today. Waited until the very last to go out and do yard work again, as did several of our neighbors. I can't wait to be able to sit outside for any length of time and enjoy all the fruits of our labors... in September.

This might not be wx related, but I saw my first SLF nymph yesterday, and the Japanese beetles have shown up and are steadily chomping through my herb garden and petunias, of which we have quite a few. Bastards.

Noticed the clouds to the NW had some cool, sunset backlighting earlier and snapped a pic. Notice the bunny brazenly sitting in the middle of the road. My wife has been doing battle with those as well. One by one we are swapping out the plants they apparently like to eat with ones they hopefully don't. Bastards.

0ke77hz6rn-CY3N5Cx7A5sG640LJCZEI8RIBgBhL7bBUEolSEaA3e8C8e7pGhuyyrw83D9Id-3We0WZdn9bn-U-KhaprYZ0SguTKnrZ5sC7CNRPtBAZJ3nY0ZPf0W2FOTA271Mi7uuzHFOG6AItymbAUHuCsUiHdtCJ-zKDtwocKyQrUi2_h0udMApkYTOmQKUj5JbO_Gn-yWZ57Evtz_dEv-GOoU9OkJ38sMeLpbuLfQDFr1ZVc8vIoaUr-Ee1wlB7zs6uZVGQHwqEqFkg-yxFKLtidNQ6Gz95aJuUQisMm2qExXqGq7Kybk-k-7xOjZI81G4hEcUqLAVb6h1_9RR096d1J1a1UCTuV-wAIOvkntvk8P9yUT2zfGOl-T9XQcWyLLnw9ZCN-FVJd56sOJaRHjBaTpaSwGe5JX79wC8OKLFKFEeSYNXxUE3JEjsj2aJpzjFXULj7po4nsXDh5vm9mqu1zSirOlEyV6jNq5q-t9dIf5sHNPl3oIi8UXTL8ZNue0YxE3i_UUclYM3KcdTsUXwcbJSwUYvoeAQEz6o5oNF3i9F22iq5qEvaiMXmnv0q17Nt9IfpjNFgEtoulzvrJH-yE55Gv6DDR0bjRNRCh1nZ32sHHj0Hkw_UzJPWcFDtVaVE9q4OYSXurSVv9XwnCZGghjQoskWcV7ja47ocz1geey_iIC1w7aIo0RVozG0SrySAg6VMw2trqHrjtHepa=w2560-h1174-no?authuser=0

Funny I saw the first Spotted Lanternfly nymph here  yesterday. Last year was the first year I'd seen them in numbers, and this year at first I thought they might be late due to some spring cool spells. Lately I'd started to think maybe they'd take the year off, or something. Apparently not. They love the Walnut trees here.

16 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Made it up to 94 as a high for the day (so far but probably will be a final).

This is the 21st 90+ high day IMBY since May, with 3 (non-consecutive) days in May, 11 days in June (including 2 heatwaves of 3 or more consecutive 90+s), and 7 in July (with what is now the 2nd heatwave of the month, with 3 or more consecutive 90+s).

It's currently 91 with dp 70 and :maphot:

Wow! you are deeper into the heat island than even KPHL.....stay cool my friend!! Still only 3 days over 90 in the Western burbs

34 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Don't! I just stepped outside for a moment...hoochie mama!! Temp isn't horrible at 81F, but that humid air mass is a slap in the face. I was hoping to do a little yard work this morning before the heat of the day fully kicks in, but now I'm reconsidering.

It's like a wall of hot dogs' breath, minus the aroma (depending on the dog). It's also steamy glasses weather, I get outside and put on reading glasses to do stuff on the phone, and because they've been at 71° they fog right up.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

I'm gonna need to put some boxes in the recycle bin and then run back in. :lol:  Up to 89 here now, with some scattered clouds, and a dp of 78. :blink:

49 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Cleaned interior, windows and vacuumed a BLACK car this morning. Started at 8-8:30am w/some breaks but damn, washing and waxing was completely out of the question. Done now...

88F / DP 76F 

rh.jpg

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

Wow! you are deeper into the heat island than even KPHL.....stay cool my friend!! Still only 3 days over 90 in the Western burbs

Yeah I think it's all the brick and stone around here that absorbs the heat and radiates it, especially if there is extended heat.  I am probably about 150 ft from a strip of woods, but that is to my east and it would have probably made more of a difference if they were near the west side.

If we hadn't had as much rain as we have had so far this year, then we would have certainly reached triple digits this summer, which will probably not happen this year given the pattern (unless the pattern does a major change and shuts off the faucet).

AND... as I type this, I'm sitting at 90, with a 79 dp (that is bopping between 78/79). :yikes:

36 minutes ago, RedSky said:

So much for a washout weekend it's looking scattered at best and limited to late evening or night time showers. 

Feels like that rain forest Arnold fought the Predator in when you walk out the door :yikes:

Or something out of a Louisiana bayou. :lol:

High noon (yes I did briefly go out and run back in), and it's 93 with dp still bopping between 78 and 79.  Sometimes on days like this there is an active SW breeze but today so far, barely a breeze to be seen or felt.:mellow: