Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2021 OBS Thread

JTA66

14 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Hearing a good bit of thunder off to the southeast, looks like something popped up on the radar. A big towering cumulonimbus from this side, wonder if it will hold together to entertain Bbasile.

It did.  Though it was weak sauce.  Photogenic weak sauce at sunset, but weak sauce nonetheless.  

Untitled_Panorama1 wm SMALL.jpg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

62F / DP 61F at 3:30am...super nice out.

Damn "clapping hand" is on my Birds avatar mouth/beak~!

Would be nice if you could turn the badge display off. I mean since we all know we all have badges of some sort we don't really need the badge there, do we? Mirror image of the eagle could work but that could be heretical,  lol.

2 hours ago, BBasile said:

It did.  Though it was weak sauce.  Photogenic weak sauce at sunset, but weak sauce nonetheless.  

Untitled_Panorama1 wm SMALL.jpg

Sandworm!  :lol:

Great shot! :thumbsup:

My low barely ended up being 62 but am now up to 71 and had to run out to the store to experience how nice it is with the lower dp too in the low 60s. Currently mostly cloudy with blips rotating around that might impact me at some point.  Will see!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

Can't believe I am getting a partly sunny day with it staying in the 60's on July 3rd. Crazy hot/cold world rolls on. 

Pretty much partly sunny here and my temp is now 72F so you may crack 70F.

Precip moving NW to SE...spotty.

72F / DP 60F

nw.jpg

2 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Would be nice if you could turn the badge display off. I mean since we all know we all have badges of some sort we don't really need the badge there, do we? Mirror image of the eagle could work but that could be heretical,  lol.

Badges? We don't need no stinking' badges!!

I wouldn't mind getting a shower or two today. Anything to keep the lawn moist this time of year. Of course, depending on Elsa, the ground may become more than moist later next week. Long ways out still.

And hey, do we get new and improved weenies from Greenskeeper now??

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

1 hour ago, CoolHandMike said:

And just like that, we got almost .5". Kinda makes up for all the rain we didn't get earlier this week!

Yeah my mowing plans got shelved till tomorrow, looks like. Got 0.60" here in about 20 minutes, with decent breezes, thunder and lightning, and the temp knocked down to 66F.

1 hour ago, JTA66 said:

And hey, do we get new and improved weenies from Greenskeeper now??

I gave you a dog in honor of the holiday... just as a "test" one. :lol:

There's some foreboding-looking clouds off to my south and west as some returns rotate around the city.  I may get fringed though.  Temp is holding at 72 at the moment.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

LOL I guess it's only worth it if either of us get nailed with one of those cells rotating around.  Someone in northern Delco is getting nailed (my sis in Upper Darby just texted that she is getting rain).

radar9-07032021.png

I did, posted about it up the page a bit. Came in strong considering how cool it is today. Mt. Holly mentioned 700mb temps at freezing,  with some (small) hail possible, but didn't get any here.

41 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Don't rub it in now. I see Birds is up to damn rookie already. What the heck.

I post quite a bit in the Sports forum as well. I guess their algorithm works off post(s)? Anyhow the whole thing is silly and grade-school-ish and I still can't see my full page...condensed.

Mod-downpour/ 71F

blank.jpg

9 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

I post quite a bit in the Sports forum as well. I guess their algorithm works off post(s)? Anyhow the whole thing is silly and grade-school-ish and I still can't see my full page...condensed.

Mod-downpour/ 71F

blank.jpg

Yeah I wasn't concerned, just trying to be funny (haha).

Good luck with your screen - is it only this forum? Android?

14 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Laptop, Windows, Non Android and only this forum.

There is a thread:

https://www.americanwx.com/bb/topic/55035-what-the-heck-happened-to-the-forum/

I was wondering if someone would eventually start a thread. :D

I have been getting some light rain the past 15 minutes (the heavy stuff has so far missed me completely) and it's been enough to wet the walks, but not enough to tip the bucket until right before this post (and am at 0.01" as the rate has just increased).  Temp has dropped down to 64.