• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2021 OBS Thread

JTA66

Took a snapshot of the screen of the GR2Analyst zoom in on where there was a good hook echo.  If I am looking at it correctly (using the 3D mode with volume), it looks like there is a funnel coming down.  Definitely showing towering clouds up to 40K ft.  The TOR area went from Bucks into Burlington County in NJ over Bordentown.

Screenshot 2021-07-01 172337-possible-funnel-07012021.png

26 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Anyone see any tornado reports in Levittown?? The couplet looked like it went right over the house I just bought two weeks ago and of course I am down in South Carolina :axe: I swear it's a lock for interesting weather to occur whenever I go away.

I’m a fire fighter in the Middletown Township section of Levitown as far as I’m aware there was no significant damage to dwelling’s or anything like that they did have some trees down with power lines down also 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Iceman said:

Anyone see any tornado reports in Levittown?? The couplet looked like it went right over the house I just bought two weeks ago and of course I am down in South Carolina :axe: I swear it's a lock for interesting weather to occur whenever I go away.

Some folks have been tweeting a few videos of the couplet after it crossed the river, as replies to Mt. Holly's TOR tweet.  E.g., -

ETA to add a screenshot of a report that came in after the live run of the radar... Some downed trees/wind damage reported in Levittown.

The back edge of the round 2 rainfall is approaching my area and so far I'm up to 1.08" for the day (0.97" directly from round 2).  Currently on and off light rain and 72 with dp 71, so still have a steamy windows alert in effect. :lol:

Screenshot 2021-07-01 193153-levittown.png

• Like 1

Also, marginal risk of storms today for wind and hail

day1otlk_1300.gif.c1c17ae2f7c979ecea95d172f9356638.gif

...Northeast States...
   A seasonably cold mid-level low over Lake Erie should drift east
   across northern PA through tonight. While pervasive cloud coverage
   this morning will slow boundary-layer heating, breaks in the clouds
   should support weak buoyancy this afternoon from central PA into
   southern NY and NJ. Steepening mid-level lapse rates and the
   presence of an elongated hodograph owing to strong mid to
   upper-level speed shear should support potential for hail growth as
   isolated to scattered thunderstorms develop to the east-southeast of
   the low. Isolated marginally severe hail will likely be the primary
   threat, in addition to possible tree damage from locally gusty
   winds.

48 minutes ago, Newman said:

6z GFS brings Elsa into western Florida then up the coast

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_28.png

Yeah I've been watching the evolution and the WAR position.  If it goes over Cuba along a wider part of the island, it might end up shredding and weakening, and if it can't recover in the GOM, hitting FL would surely do it in, but there are some unfavorable conditions being progged at the moment regarding where it might even hit FL... But I expect the moisture could still get sucked up here.  The storm is pretty compact at the moment as it is.

sheer-8am-wg8shr-07022021.GIF

19 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Looks like a new format....

Yikes - I finally checked back here and yeah - the little hand-clap icon is weird. :o:D  I guess I have to check to see what what they did.  It's been awhile since they did any upgrades.

I heard an alert come through and Mt. Holly threw up a FFW for downtown and up into NE Philly (I am sortof on the western border of it) -

Flash Flood Warning

Flash Flood Warning
PAC091-101-030100-
/O.NEW.KPHI.FF.W.0012.210702T2054Z-210703T0100Z/
/00000.0.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
Flash Flood Warning
National Weather Service Mount Holly NJ
454 PM EDT Fri Jul 2 2021

The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a

* Flash Flood Warning for...
  Southeastern Montgomery County in southeastern Pennsylvania...
  Central Philadelphia County in southeastern Pennsylvania...

* Until 900 PM EDT.

* At 454 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated thunderstorms producing
  heavy rain across the warned area. Between 0.5 and 1 inch of rain
  has fallen. Additional rainfall amounts of 0.5 to 1 inch are
  possible in the warned area. Flash flooding is ongoing or expected
  to begin shortly.

HAZARD...Flash flooding caused by thunderstorms.

SOURCE...Radar.

IMPACT...Flooding of small creeks and streams, urban areas,
           highways, streets, and underpasses as well as other
           drainage and low lying areas.

* Some locations that will experience flash flooding include...
  Philadelphia, Rockledge, Bryn Athyn, Wissinoming, Tacony,
  Holmesburg, Kensington, Center City, Northeast Philadelphia and
  Roxborough.

This includes the following highways...
Interstate 95 in Pennsylvania between mile markers 22 and 33.
Interstate 76 in Pennsylvania between mile markers 340 and 344.
Interstate 676 in Pennsylvania near mile marker 0.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Motorists should not attempt to drive around barricades or drive
cars through flooded areas.

&&

LAT...LON 4015 7506 4008 7496 4008 7497 4006 7498
      4005 7497 4002 7501 4001 7505 3998 7507
      3997 7511 3996 7513 3997 7527 4001 7520

FLASH FLOOD...RADAR INDICATED

$$

Iovino

I saw on the radar how something just literally blew up in the middle of the city in the past  hour.  I know they are doing all the July 4th/"Welcome America" stuff but yikes!  They got right under a thin band that just took the heat and ran with it.

I did make it up to 81 today once the sun finally made an appearance after 3 pm.  Currently 76 with dp below 70 for once - at 69. lol

radar6-07022021.png

41 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Looks like a new format....

I thought I was losing it...or started the holiday weekend too early.

Do you know if there is any way to see a full screen and not that crap to the right? I tried a couple things and may have screwed it up even more...

right.jpg

12 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Do you know if there is any way to see a full screen and not that crap to the right? I tried a couple things and may have screwed it up even more...

right.jpg

Looks like it's just at the top of each page of a thread.  I suppose there may be add-ons out there for a browser that will let you select frames to block...  Haven't fooled with any yet though.  I'm still stuck on the "newbie" badge despite 10 years here and 4 years at EasternWx before it became this. :blink::lol:

• Weenie 1

29 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Looks like it's just at the top of each page of a thread.  I suppose there may be add-ons out there for a browser that will let you select frames to block...  Haven't fooled with any yet though.  I'm still stuck on the "newbie" badge despite 10 years here and 4 years at EasternWx before it became this. :blink::lol:

For me it's all the way down the page which limits viewing space and a overall useless upgrade.

The whole badge thing is for kiddies or people who demand power for longevity. I don't care. Joined EasternWX in 2002/2003 then the transition till now and that's that...

11 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

For me it's all the way down the page which limits viewing space and a overall useless upgrade.

The whole badge thing is for kiddies or people who demand power for longevity. I don't care. Joined EasternWX in 2002/2003 then the transition till now and that's that...

I expect this is the "default" forum software setup after the upgrade and maybe the guys will start doing some tweaks or at least solicit some feedback.

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

right.jpg

I don't have that on the right so I don't know how to get rid of it, lol. 

6 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

I don't have that on the right so I don't know how to get rid of it, lol. 

I use Firefox and am only seeing it right at the top of a page but if there are enough posts on a page to scroll down, it doesn't extend any further than the space it uses at the top (and thankfully is not a "floating" frame).  I would think (or hope) that could be something configurable (at least at some point in the future).  I post on Gardenweb every once in awhile and they had implemented something like that a number of years ago when the site was taken over by Houzz (at GW, it is on the left panel vs the right).