Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2021 OBS Thread

JTA66

2 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Got steam? 81 here, dp 73. Not a cloud in the sky at the moment.

It didn't steam but then it could be the central air didn't cycle off either so the windows never got a chance. :lol:

I have hit 91 as a high so far this morning, and am currently bopping between that and 90 with a disgusting 77 dp (refuse to even open the door).

Home thermometer peaked at 97.8°F, but it "only" made it up to 94 at work today. Just two more days to go and then I'm off on Friday. This heat is nuts, but we had a nice breeze again today which made it somewhat tolerable. Still hoping for some afternoon boomers tomorrow and Thursday!

10 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

95F / DP 72F

Thinking about hot tarring my rooftop tomorrow for extra water protection, shouldn't be too bad. Fully expect Storms/Heavy rain Thursday into Friday...  

image.png.eba11fc067b4f1c2ddc09673e1253b5a.png

Good & hot finally. Don't forget the thermos of piping hot coffee :devilsmiley:

• Weenie 1

31 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Hopefully not that McDonald's scorcher type. :lol:

Looks like 94 was my high today and even the puffy clouds had had enough and disappeared. Currently 90 and yes, the dp has actually dropped to 72.  I think what moisture was left in the ground has evaporated, and that plus an active light breeze helped to mix some of the stagnant air (at least in relative terms, dropping the dews from the upper 70s down to the low 70s).

33 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Of course. Don't be silly, consuming scolding coffee throughout the day is a must.

Most likely I'll start heating the tar around 7am till I hit exactly 215F. In the meantime I'll make my speciality, ghost pepper and carolina reaper omelette after I take a hot shower while wearing all black clothing, heated gloves and a facemask. Really should be fun... 

91F / DP 72F

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, Birds~69 said:

Of course. Don't be silly, consuming scolding coffee throughout the day is a must.

Most likely I'll start heating the tar around 7am till I hit exactly 215F. In the meantime I'll make my speciality, ghost pepper and carolina reaper omelette after I take a hot shower while wearing all black clothing, heated gloves and a facemask. Really should be fun... 

91F / DP 72F

Might I also recommend an outer layer of impermeable Tyvek? Wouldn't want to sully your clothing, after all. Oh, and make sure you're using the OSHA-recommended gas vapor P100 filter cartridges on that full-face respirator just to make breathing that much more difficult enjoyable.

• Weenie 1

35 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

Might I also recommend an outer layer of impermeable Tyvek? Wouldn't want to sully your clothing, after all. Oh, and make sure you're using the OSHA-recommended gas vapor P100 filter cartridges on that full-face respirator just to make breathing that much more difficult enjoyable.

Outstanding! 

The full-face respirator is in good hands. Bought 2 in case I can't breathe too freely....I'll slap another one of those bad boys on for maximum protection. Also, most tar roofing forums (and there are millions) recommend to apply 3 layers w/the last layer when the sun is at peak angle.

Finally. end your day w/a mix of hot apple cider (10%) and 100 proof Fire Water (90%) in a closed windowed vehicle sitting in the sun all day. Highly excited about all of this!!

image.png.289c18d9e67e90a20c71ee97ae693e37.png

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

91F / DP 72F

Hopefully you'll have a windscreen or something to block any breezes you might encounter up there. And maybe RedSky could bring his hammock in case you need suggestions or supervision.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Hopefully you'll have a windscreen or something to block any breezes you might encounter up there. And maybe RedSky could bring his hammock in case you need suggestions or supervision.

I'm making up any/all sorts of BS stories to get some damn storms/downpours in our area. I'm hoping mother nature will want to ruin my roof tarring fun with storms, rain, downpours and wind...

86F / DP 70F

Some storms out by State College...

image.png.490b940d63cb239cce07f8783f145837.png

51 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

I can bring the 50 parabolic reflectors from the basement. Like an old wise man told me when I was a wee one" If the tar ain't bubblin' it ain't hot tar boy" 

hottar.png

• Haha 2

Had a low of 75 earlier, with a "lower" dp of 71, but am now up to 82 with dp going right back up to 75.  I had to get some water on the plants earlier this morning and hope it will hold them until the progged showers Thursday/Friday.  Was glad to have had the little ground-wetting pop-ups last Saturday but that couldn't make up for these temps.  It's been interesting to note that I've had just over 5 3/4" rain for the month of June (since this is the last day, although will see if anything pops up this afternoon).