• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2021 OBS Thread

JTA66

Picked up .10" overnight. Missed out on storms this week, it was starting to get dry again. Hopefully we'll add a little more to the rain bucket this afternoon. As Birds said, you can feel the change in the air mass this morning. AC goes back on today :(

73F/DP 68F

9 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Showers moving in, made it up to 86F beforehand. Now down to 79F with a DP of 70F.

P.S. Glad to see the Cherry Hill radar is working again :D

Looks like 7pm out there w/the clouds/darkness and light showers even though it's 4:30pm.

Glad I cut the lawn early this morning. A/C on, Golf and Phils on, beer on, Summer solstice tomorrow and I may try to BBQ a steak....simple pleasures.

77F / DP 67F  

I made it up to 89 just after 2:15 pm before the clouds rolled in, and started  the downward temp trend. Currently getting some light rain (0.02" so far on top of the 0.16 from very early this morning).  Temp is down to 75 now but dp is 71.  It wasn't too bad an hour ago when I did venture out while the sun was clouded over despite the higher dp.

44 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Showers moving in, made it up to 86F beforehand. Now down to 79F with a DP of 70F.

P.S. Glad to see the Cherry Hill radar is working again :D

LOL  The radar is at Ft. Dix near Browns Mills... almost 30 miles NE of Cherry Hill! :P:P:P

7 minutes ago, RedSky said:

This summer sucks been like pulling teeth to get a hot day, of course today's 40% shower is a cloudy rainathon now and back in the 70's.

The western mega ridge from hell is screwing summer lovers in the east

It hasn't even started yet! Lol jk of course we started meteorological summer several weeks ago. To each their own though, and I hope you get to enjoy some more hot days, but as someone who primarily works outside in full dress hazmat gear I'll take this week's (and today's) cooldown gladly thankyouverymuch. :)

• Weenie 1

10 minutes ago, RedSky said:

This summer sucks been like pulling teeth to get a hot day, of course today's 40% shower is a cloudy rainathon now and back in the 70's.

The western mega ridge from hell is screwing summer lovers in the east

Hot summer days are for sinners. Backdoor cold fronts, clouds, east winds and the sounds of night time critters is where it's at...

95.jpg

• Weenie 1

4 hours ago, CoolHandMike said:

Two days in a row above 90, and looking to hit again tomorrow. Two heat waves already this year! Booooo

image.png.2eb0ddfce46a775d7d0ae54c5dec2ff8.png

It looks like something is not quite right with the temp obs out of the Reading area....there was not even 1 reading at any locations outside of the heat island coastal plain at even 86 degrees with any modest elevation. Is your thermometer sited correctly? Is your thermometer located in direct sunlight without a solid fan aspirated radiation shield?? that could explain your high readings??

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, ChescoWx said:

It looks like something is not quite right with the temp obs out of the Reading area....there was not even 1 reading at any locations outside of the heat island coastal plain at even 86 degrees with any modest elevation. Is your thermometer sited correctly? Is your thermometer located in direct sunlight without a solid fan aspirated radiation shield?? that could explain your high readings??

It's a PWS mounted on a pole way above my shed. It seems to track pretty well with other local readings:

image.png.809f3beb8083d52db3178fbc31d8d433.png

image.png.a7acdad3ad3e53d024742afb78a5a572.png

This is an Amazon link to what I have installed:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085T83Q7F/?coliid=I1UF5VN4PGI38P&colid=2A1ZCW2FEO3RX&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I saw the Heat Advisory flag lofted for the metro area.  It's currently a steamy 75 with a dp of of 72 and the stratus that was hanging over my area was slowly breaking up, but it's still mostly cloudy at the moment.  The later high temp is gonna depend on whether the sun can break out and stay out or not, which might be tricky and will depend on what impact happens (cloud-wise) from what is now TS Claudette (again), as it skirts south of here.

day1otlk_1200-062112021.gif

3 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Dewpoint pumper too. One more day, then some relief.

Oh yeah.  Just checked and my dp is now up to 73.  Temp is 76.  The brief time that the sun broke through earlier took the temp up to 78 but it clouded over again and dropped it back down.  You can see that cold front cutting across the Great Lakes on that sat image.  The temps are in the 40s/50s behind it as it pushes east.

2 hours ago, JTA66 said:

Only got down to 74F overnight. Currently 75F with a DP of 72F. Hoping the clouds linger to keep the temps in check today.

Waiting on steamy window updates from Agnes.

LOL and the temp here is now up to 79 with dp 74 and I was just outside.  Since the sun is completely obliterated by the cloud cover, it actually wasn't too bad outside where I am... yet.  If the sun ever breaks out and the temps start soaring, then the steambath and sauna windows, will be on!

Maybe some severe later on? SPC placed most of the region in the slight risk with the western parts of the area in an enhanced risk. Don't love the timing for around here but there should still be sufficient instability this evening for some boomers. A lot of the time though a line of storms will be weakening by the time it reaches our area come evening. Should be something to keep an eye on though.