Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2021 OBS Thread

JTA66

5 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I looked out this morning and there was a deck of cirrus obscuring the sky so there was no way to try to catch it. :(

Otherwise my low was a little warmer than I expected this morning at 70 but I could tell when the front came through just after 8 am and that started the dry air influx, taking the dp that was just north of the low 70s, down to 57.  It's stabilizing now and no longer a suffocating steam bath, but a typical late spring/early summer day.  Currently at 82 with dp 61, and partly cloudy.

Give it a push, DP is still 65 here. 

Beautiful night here in NW Chester County PA with dews now in the 40's - no shocker but out here in NW Chesco our "heatwave" never came close to fruition....best we could do was the "dirty" 90 on Sunday at 89.8....no doubt more chances of heat waves here in the NW burbs....but can we break through to the other side??? stay tuned - the drama continues!

Actually had a low of 62 this morning, so a nice break.  It has been overcast all morning and now am getting some light rain (currently at 0.02") and it's currently 64.  I was a bit flummoxed that KDIX had suddenly died but then saw this -

NOUS41 KPHI 071805
PNSPHI
DEZ001>004-MDZ012-015-019-020-NJZ001-007>010-012>027-PAZ054-055-
060>062-070-071-101>106-141815-

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ
205 PM EDT MON JUN 7 2021

...THE KDIX RADAR WILL BE DOWN FOR SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RADAR (WSR-88D) LOCATED AT FORT DIX, 
NEW JERSEY (KDIX) WILL BE TAKEN OFF LINE FOR SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. 
THE RADAR WILL BE UNAVAILABLE FROM FRIDAY, JUNE 11 UNTIL WEDNESDAY, 
JUNE 16.

THE SURROUNDING WSR-88DS WILL BE AVAILABLE DURING THE PERIOD. THE 
LIST INCLUDES WAKEFIELD, VIRGINIA (KAKQ); STERLING, VIRGINIA (KLWX); 
DOVER, DELAWARE (KDOX); STATE COLLEGE, PENNSYLVANIA (KCCX); 
BINGHAMTON, NEW YORK (KBGM) AND BROOKHAVEN, NEW YORK (KOKX).

THE TERMINAL DOPPLER WEATHER RADARS (TDWRS) FOR PHILADELPHIA 
INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (TPHL) AND FOR NEWARK INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
(TEWR) WILL ALSO CONTINUE TO PROVIDE COVERAGE FOR PARTS OF THE 
AREA.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT:

JASON FRANKLIN (METEOROLOGIST-IN-CHARGE)
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY

[email protected]

(609) 261-6600

$$

IOVINO

So it is due to be offline for scheduled maintenance until next Wednesday (6/16/21).  I went on and switched to KDOX for my dopplers...

Interesting things afoot, atmosphere shifted from north movement to southeast around an hour ago must be a front through the area. Heavy rain continues with training down through central Bucks county. 

*** Forecast updated again to a slight chance of showers at 20% rest of the afternoon :facepalm: anybody at home at the NWS?

• Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Interesting things afoot, atmosphere shifted from north movement to southeast around an hour ago must be a front through the area. Heavy rain continues with training down through central Bucks county. 

*** Forecast updated again to a slight chance of showers at 20% rest of the afternoon :facepalm:

I don't understand that at all. I get the radar is out but do they not check dover's? It's clear as day this is a period of moderate rain with way higher pops than 20% unless you are up in the northern areas. 

1 minute ago, The Iceman said:

I don't understand that at all. I get the radar is out but do they not check dover's? It's clear as day this is a period of moderate rain with way higher pops than 20% unless you are up in the northern areas. 

COD radar I like is out but others are working, this one clearly shows the current training 

https://www.baronweather.com/live-weather/?fbclid=IwAR3TbBrM5hShJEKbzaCDaNjlAShYDZWbD2JqMD2Pnyc7gdgdCTQTX-8D7cI