• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2021 OBS Thread

JTA66

Yeesh. Drove home from Pennsville, NJ to Reading. It poured (with bonus thunder and lightning) the entire length of the turnpike, then clear on 176, then rain again on 422. Luckily no major incidents, just exhausting after a full day of working outside in this miserable heat. Rinse and repeat for tomorrow and Thursday...

• Weenie 1

Except for some scattered radar returns, I may be mostly done and the sky is brighening to the west.  So far have 0.61" from that.  Temp is 72 with dp the same.

I did see the reports from the Marhallton and West Bradford Twp. with the 6" reports and there was one rain gauge report of 7.16" (from the "public") in Chester.

Screenshot 2021-06-08 192209.png

15 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Glenn reporting 6.4" in Marshallton Chester County....that's TS Floyd territory.

Uneventful here,  71F / DP 70F

In other words, if this were January, they got more than 6 feet of snow while I got flurries. But seriously, I don't wish 6+ inches of rain on anyone in that brief amount of time. I'll be paying off the damage from Isaias for a few more years. :(

72F/DP 71F

• Weenie 1

Just now, JTA66 said:

In other words, if this were January, they got more than 6 feet of snow while I got flurries. But seriously, I don't wish 6+ inches of rain on anyone in that brief amount of time. I'll be paying off the damage from Isaias for a few more years. :(

72F/DP 71F

Some areas in Chester reported 7"+....you'll still have idiots who will drive through road rivers in a honda civic and wonder why their car stalled. 

• Like 1

Had a broken deck of clouds on and off much of today but that has transitioned to mostly overcast with occasional threatening clouds. Some of the stuff that popped up west of here has been fizzling coming east so am not sure how much, if any rain I get today.  In any case, I barely managed to hit 90 - and right on the dot, as the high, making it the 5th 90+ temp in a row IMBY.  The overcast and clouds have generally kept the temps in check however but not the dps.  

Currently 84 with dp 75 and overcast.

• Like 1

What weird storms these are. Nearly stationary and just DUMPING water. Yesterday at work there was a huge supercell to my north, today there was one to my south. Didn't have to drive through any on the way home today (thankfully). My mom wanted to know what the weather is gonna do tonight (in case she had to put the horses in due to thunderstorms) and I just basically sent her a shrug emoji. Told her to play it safe and keep them in lest one of these monsters decides to park over her house!

34 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Same here, got about 20 drops with 3 hours of thunder in the distance. Liking the cool down in the forecast.

If we're having 90+ HHH I expect at least  a T-storm...been getting screwed all year.

Yep, from tomorrow afternoon/night on for a while looks like the A/C will catch a break or only working P/T.

• Weenie 1

18 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

If we're having 90+ HHH I expect at least  a T-storm...been getting screwed all year.

Yep, from tomorrow afternoon/night on for a while looks like the A/C will catch a break or only working P/T.

It should balance out....they've been kind of scattered, but we got some action here yesterday, so not feeling deprived at the moment.

4 hours ago, RedSky said:

Clear skies are making the eclipse at sunrise viewing possible

Thanks for the heads up. I went out and looked, but it was hard to tell, low to the horizon, and pretty bright, lol.

I did see two Blue Herons flying right overhead at treetop height shortly after, so that made it all  worthwhile. Cleaned the driveway off with a battery blower for a bonus. Still kind of humid out, currently 69F, DP 67.

33 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Thanks for the heads up. I went out and looked, but it was hard to tell, low to the horizon, and pretty bright, lol.

I did see two Blue Herons flying right overhead at treetop height shortly after, so that made it all  worthwhile. Cleaned the driveway off with a battery blower for a bonus. Still kind of humid out, currently 69F, DP 67.

I know it's not the same as seeing it in person but FOX29 had some cool camera angles ( from Franklin Institute?) this morning. With large high definition LED Tvs nowadays it's pretty intense.

Think this afternoon is when DPs will drop....tonight A/C off and windows open.

69 / DP 68

9 hours ago, RedSky said:

Clear skies are making the eclipse at sunrise viewing possible

I looked out this morning and there was a deck of cirrus obscuring the sky so there was no way to try to catch it. :(

Otherwise my low was a little warmer than I expected this morning at 70 but I could tell when the front came through just after 8 am and that started the dry air influx, taking the dp that was just north of the low 70s, down to 57.  It's stabilizing now and no longer a suffocating steam bath, but a typical late spring/early summer day.  Currently at 82 with dp 61, and partly cloudy.