• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Western PA/Pittsburgh Summer Discussion 2021

42 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

HRRR is still showing a big swath of 3-5 more inches across the county.

0z (technically the first model run of fall, by the way) looks ever so slightly better than the 18z HRRR, but still 3.6” in Pittsburgh and 4+ in southern and eastern sections of the county.

Also, with almost all of the remaining precip falling after midnight, might be time to remind ourselves of this - all days in our history where 3+” has fallen:

4156872C-265C-4D47-83B3-9B6C14CDF523.jpeg.73e8dca53a19c442121709374044ea20.jpeg

We've had a hard rain, as well, for a while but about to dry slot which should save us from a worse fate.  We also lost power briefly, clearly a flow problem, but it seems they upped the auxiliary because we're okay for now.  Although I did see some power flashes behind us.  Everything is soaked at this point.

Not a terrible surprise the rain has gone further north than expected.

13 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

just left work but Washington Blvd I'd under water and Sawmill Blvd. Multiple cars stuck

I made it to work this morning, I'd say I was on Washing Blvd around 6am and it was pouring but still passable and open. If that had been closed when I went to go through I was just going to turn around and go home. As I made it further South and passed Kennywood it was a very light rain and almost no issues. Sort of the opposite of what I expected, figured it would get worse the further South, but it looks like from the City NE is getting slammed right now. Probably had I left an hour later it would be a different story.

14 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

Yeah north motion on this band is stalling and it looks like it is back building a bit. The north hills is going to get obliterated by this. 

Guess I spoke too soon.  Looks like we've started the eastward jog, and it has kept pouring through this so the metro area might verify those high-end totals of 4-6".

2 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

Any reports on millvale/etna? I cannot imagine they aren’t flooding.

There was a school bus stuck in floodwaters down at the bottom of Shaler, but the issue there is apparently that someone won’t fix a broken pipe on their property and it floods several times a year. Kids were evacuated safely.

2 hours ago, KPITSnow said:

Some good news as it looks like the deathbandthat had parked over the north hills is dissipating…damage is already done though.

Overall, looks like the heaviest is now behind us, just some light to moderate showers now but you can see the back edge quickly approaching into eastern OH.