• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Western PA/Pittsburgh Summer Discussion 2021

50 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

Yeah, so was that little bit a rain all, or was there more activity that is supposed to happen this evening?

That little bit of rain at lunchtime was the remnants of the MCS out of the Midwest. Sunshine and instability are on the rise now, could lead to some storms out ahead of the cold front.

Seems we nearly always overperform on these days following a summer cold front, but rarely by a whole 6 degrees. Point & click at PIT is for a high of 74 today, but lo and behold, it’s currently 80:

C84E5E15-D758-4955-8F84-283E45D1F3D1.thumb.jpeg.ce7f59ff2c247e28780b18506d003f78.jpeg
Edit: still clinched our below normal July for the first time in 7 years.

20 hours ago, KPITSnow said:

What a weekend! Love this weather! So glad to have a below aberration July for once.

Having 9 July days with highs in the 70s and 10 July nights with lows in the 50s was delightful, regardless of what happens in August.

On 8/4/2021 at 8:02 PM, Ahoff said:

Accuweather's Fall forecast says warm start to Fall with strong storm chances in September.  Then turns colder in the back half of October and November, with snow chances in November.  Sounds like a wild Fall if accurate.

Sounds like the usual recent +5 September departure, not that I believe their outlooks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TimB84 said:

Sounds like the usual recent +5 September departure, not that I believe their outlooks.

Maybe, doesn’t really say it’s going to be hot, but says warmth sticks around.  Anyway last year was a beautiful Fall all around.  Wouldn’t mind a repeat.

I looked up their forecast last year.  They blew it.  Said the heat of last summer would continue through the Fall.  It did not, so we’ll see what truly happens this year.

1 hour ago, Ahoff said:

Maybe, doesn’t really say it’s going to be hot, but says warmth sticks around.  Anyway last year was a beautiful Fall all around.  Wouldn’t mind a repeat.

I looked up their forecast last year.  They blew it.  Said the heat of last summer would continue through the Fall.  It did not, so we’ll see what truly happens this year.

Last fall was pretty solid. Relatively normal Sept with several mornings in the upper 30s to low 40s which is rare these days, fairly normal Oct with a first freeze around when it should be, above normal Nov with an early-by-recent-standards first measurable snow, and really only kept above normal by a very warm period in the middle of the month. I could live with that. The only downside to recent falls is that September has largely been another summer month, and last year ended that streak.

On another note, 90s likely finally return early in the week, but it once again looks more muted and short-lived than it did at one point.

25 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Last fall was pretty solid. Relatively normal Sept with several mornings in the upper 30s to low 40s which is rare these days, fairly normal Oct with a first freeze around when it should be, above normal Nov with an early-by-recent-standards first measurable snow, and really only kept above normal by a very warm period in the middle of the month. I could live with that. The only downside to recent falls is that September has largely been another summer month, and last year ended that streak.

On another note, 90s likely finally return early in the week, but it once again looks more muted and short-lived than it did at one point.

Yeah we’ve been missing the projected highs the past few days.  Bet we miss 90.  Maybe around 88 at the peak.

12 minutes ago, north pgh said:

I can't believe the airport hasn't reached 90 today. My car thermometer was 95 and my weatherstation has 92. 

Latest few 5-min obs were 90, but of course that’s probably 89. Was the car thermometer at 95 somewhere on route 28? Seems to be the hottest place my car goes.

15 hours ago, Ahoff said:

The 1 finally wins out.

Thursday looks like almost a slam dunk too. Could even be the hottest day of the year if storms don’t keep temps down. Models are slowly cancelling the weekend cool down. We’ve entered that pattern where the hot days are hot and the “cool” days are slightly above average. Hope it doesn’t persist as late into fall as it did in 2015-2019.

4 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

I just don't want this humidity.  It is disgusting outside, solely because of the humidity.

Looks like we’re in line to get some more good old thunderstorms to keep temperatures in check (and raise the dewpoint through the roof).